« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Melo Busted for DUI

4/14/2008 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NBA star Carmelo Anthony was arrested on suspicion of DUI early this morning.
Melo Mugshot
The 23-year-old Denver Nuggets forward was driving on Interstate 25 in Colorado at around 4:00 AM when he was pulled over and taken into custody. Anthony was driving a silver Mercedes and police say he was stopped for failing to drive in a single lane and failing to dim his lights.

Anthony's attorney, Dan Recht, said, "He cooperated by consenting to a blood test, the results of which will not be available for approximately two weeks ... There was no accident and no one was hurt."

He is due back in court on May 14.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

phdguru

loser. go lakers!

elericram

So, what's the big deal?

Liz

Who? Why do we care?

southerngyrl

Dallas you obviously cared enough to read it and take the time to add a comment. Oh, and I'm guessing you don't know who he is cause you don't watch basketball.

HI YaLL

phdguru - ITA... GO LAKERS!!

Dallas - Hello......Who doesn't know who he is?

WHEN WILL THESE CELEBS WAKE UP? DRINKING AND DRIVING KILLS!
They have the money, so why don't they hire a driver.

He's Boring now

What is it out in Denver that seems to bring the worst to its sports stars there? No matter the sport, except maybe hockey, nothing but trouble makers, people getting killed...Denver is the A hole of the world because of this. Dont go there, its a dangerous city, get to the mountains and its safer.

Lenn K.

See this why Jeremy Piven made a smart decision by pulling over and hitching a ride. Melo, just another person who believes he can drink and drive. Now he just another celeb who doesn't think.

Liz

#3 ~ Right, I don't watch basketball! I am certainly a football fan though and I have no clue who this guy is. But obviously, he isn't real bright if he was driving around at 4 am with his brights on!

Now, have I answered all your questions?!

gary

golden state thanks you for the playoff position

southerngyrl

Dallas you failed to comment on why you don't care when you took the time to read about this guy then leave a message, when in fact you seem like you care to me because you came back and posted another comment on how he is not bright for driving at 4 a.m. with his brights on. Admit it you care or your just bored like me.

mambaluvr

aww...too bad no one gives a f***!
its all about the lakers!

RANDYROCKIESFAN

Warriors Make Spring TEE Times, Nuggets Plan Playoffs

YankeesRule

Just an F.Y.I.- He's not all bad... Things that obviously don't make it on TMZ, are the fact that last year he donated several MILLION dollars to his former college where he single handedly won the NCAA Championship. Though I don't condone driving drunk, I'm sure several of you got lucky more than a few times. So before you start bashing, take a nice glance in front of the mirror.

Love you Melo!

you

If Denver is so bad "Mile High Crime" what do you categorize Los Angeles then? Get a life and learn to leave your house once in awhile.

JoJo

It doesn't surprise me with the BAC being .08 now, eveyone under 30 I know has a DWI arrest, the DWI laws suck!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments