"Big Love" Keeps it Real?

4/16/2008 5:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The ladies on HBO's polygamist drama "Big Love"...

... and female members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at the Yearning for Zion Ranch.

Only one of them represents the real housewives of Schleicher County, Texas.

We're just sayin'!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

#1defleppardfam

The chick with the unibrow is scarry. Are these people for real?

tina

shes the only one who reps the real wifes, because on the show, shes the one who's from there....

Victoria

It's the Kardashian women before hair and makeup

Lori

Just wanted to point out that the show is based on a family that has gone main-stream and lives in a regular community, not on a compound. And the one that is a 'real' housewife, is the only one that was actually raised in the poligamist life style. I know I sound like I am taking your comment to seriously, but 'I'm just saying".

CoolGirl2008

This is what happens when you watch waaaaaaaaaaaay too many episodes of "Little House On The Prarie".

VAN-HALEN ROCKS

can you guys imagine if we were allowed to have 3 or 4 wives,man if dreams would only come true...

L

They're just trying to bring sexy back. Why you gotta hate?

Village

Where else have I seen women all dressed alike, under the heel of violent men with multiple wives? All religions have their nuts.

ldh

Just to add on to the comments from others regarding the show if you bothered to watch you would know that when they go to the "compound" that is exactly how the women look and dress, the long dresses the hair etc. Also the husband was kicked off of the compound when he was a teenager, to make it on his own so he was not a threat to any of the other men on the compound. Sounds like "Big Love" is a lot closer to the truth than we realized.

emme

Aside from the “Big Love” show, which is fiction I just have to say, the whole thing in Texas is just so bizarre. When you see those women it’s creepy. I have no idea what they are going to do about all those kids.

jami

Thank you people for explaining to these numb-nuts (TMZ) what the show is actually about! I LOVE this show!

Jamie

I am living in a relationship like this and it's very normal and very mainstream. Two wives, one husband and we are a very close family and do everything together. I've never been happier.

SIck of Morons

These 3 do not live on a compound, but are more mainstream. The husband's family are still LDSF and live on a compound and those people are all dressed like the people in Texas. Very weird, indeed.

Duh!

From experience, as a REFORMED mormon . . .

Mormons are wacko!! Thank god Romney dropped out of the Presidential race.

kashmir

I can't believe our government took ALL the kids from the compond,after all, aren't the teeage girls the only ones in eminient danger? I know people will disagree, but I have a 5 year old and a 6 year old. What genius decided the children 5 and up didn't need to be with their mothers? Well, at least they didn't kill them all like at Waco.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments