Morrissey's Got Beef with PETA

4/16/2008 3:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So you know PETA was pissed at TMZ for calling the organ-ization out after we ribbed an animal rights activist out for eating at a steakhouse. PETA felt it was just ducky for non-meat eaters to eat at meat eateries.
Morrissey
Turns out Morrissey -- who is a vegetarian -- wasn't actually at STK on Monday, but at the Belmont, the joint next door. Moz's rep tells TMZ that he not only didn't go to STK -- he would never go to a steakhouse! Meat IS murder. That kinda leaves PETA hangin'...

So how do ya like them meatballs, PETA?!

EAS

Just because Morrissey would never step foot in a Steakhouse doesn't mean we [Vegetarians] are now hypocrites. Many decide not to go. I’ve gone to restaurants that serve meat and I’ve also gone to restaurants that serve just vegetarian.

I respect Morrissey for not going into a Steakhouse. However, when you’re with a bunch of people and you’re the only vegetarian, sometimes you have to follow the crowd. Most places do have vegetarian options. Those that don’t, I do not patronize. When we go to those restaurants that have vegetarian options, many times my friends are interested in what I’m eating and even try it. It’s a really easy lifestyle to adopt.

As I said in my last comment in the previous Morrissey post:

Saying vegetarians are hypocrites because they eat at places that serve meat is like saying that a Jew is a hypocrite for buying a Christmas gift for a friend who is Christian and vice versa (a Christian buying a Hanukah gift for a friend who is Jewish).

People are always trying to find the hypocrisy in others, but never look at themselves. So, what are you doing to make the world a better place for all living beings?

Jenny

Richard

Meat is murder, Tasty, tasty murder. Mmmmmmm.

sweettenderhooligan

This all started because TMZ put Morrissey under "Memba' Them?".... Dont you wish you would have kept up with the times. TMZ? Morrissey never went anywhere. The Moz is a lyrical genius. EMO kids... find another Daddy figure to cling onto. Morrissey did not start the EMO movement, Robert Smith did!!!!

celebuspawn

Peta is not a joke. And TMZ your stupid for printing this article.

Madison

Isn't is fair to say that you can care deeply about animal rights and be a voice for animals and still eat meat? I think there are varying degrees of activism. I eat meat however, I do wish the means in which animals are raised, held and slaughtered should be more humane. PETA and what they have done for millions of animals is amazing they should be applauded not bashed. I'm sure you can find much more deserving people to bash.

blabbityblah

Of course it's hypocrisy - but do we expect any less from the faux "activists" at PETA?
A vegetarian eating in a steakhouse is PATRONIZING the establishment - giving it money, helping it to stay open, SUPPORTING it.
It's like donating to Planned Parenthood even if you don't believe in birth control.
What kind of delusional fool can't see that?
Oh yeah, I forgot - the kind of fools that rationalize and parse and split hairs in their topsy-turvy ovo-lacto-vegan-I-eat-fish-sometimes-at-least-leather-isn't-like-wearing-fur pathetic lives.
PETA SUCKS.

*LAhottstuffgrrl*

I LOVE YOU MORRISSEY!!! DON'T CARE WHAT ANY LAME PERSON SAYS ABOUT YOU!!! THANXS TMZ FINALLY A CELEBRITY WORTH HEARING ABOUT!!!!!!!!

ONCE AGAIN I LOVE YOU MOZ!!!!!!

kate

p.s., petakillsanimals.com is run by the "Center for Consumer Freedom", an organization funded by over 100 companies who "want anonymity as contributors." Basically, they're funded by giant corporations who want to stop laws and campaigns against trans fats, animal cruelty, mercury in fish and obesity for the benefit of their clients, who make billions off those industries.

John

Which does not change the fact that PETA does, in fact, kill animals. Lots of them. 97% of the animals they take in at their shelter, according to their own numbers as reported to the state of VA, where their shelter/death camp is located.

2drk2fck

OMG what gives with the Morrissey stories? Has TMA gone GOTH cause its like everyday is like Sunday!

chadley

Morrissey,

You're invited over to my house anytime. Will you play with my meat.

With care,
Ronald McDonald

JaneaneTheAcerbicGoblin

Get your stories right next time, TMZ. I told you to be nice to Saint Morrissey!

allright337

petakillsanimals.com
the president indgrid animal killer says in interviews that she used to go into work early so she could kill "unwanted"cats and dogs. throw some more blood on people ingrid.hope they will euthanize you soon!

highcottonquinn

#19 said, " Animals can be raised and slaughtered for food in an ethical way. Beging anti-animal-creulty doesn't mean anti-meat. Being just a tad over-dramatic, arn't you TMZ???"

This is what Jews call "kosher". The animal must be given a humane, quick and clean death. I love animals; I hate the pet overpopulation problem and I absolutely detest dog fighting but I am still a meat eater. I actually prefer chicken, turkey, and fish but I do relish a good steak from time to time.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments