Martha's Dead Dog: It's a Good Thing?

4/17/2008 11:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Martha Stewart can make a beautiful occasion out of any dinner party, wedding, even a stock trade gone bad -- but the carcass of your dead dog?!

The ex-con media mogul's nearly 13-year-old dog, Paw Paw, died of renal failure on Saturday and she's posted a creepy pic on her blog of the expired pup -- entombed in a sheet with an adorable little bow wrapped around him. Death is pretty!

Just imagine what Martha could do with your Aunt Sally's cremated remains?!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Neena

That's hilarious!

Kelli

Now that's just sick and wrong. Martha you have been whippin your muffins too long. WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!!

natalie

Oh, leave her alone. Losing a pet that you've had for a long time can be very painful! If she is using her decorating skills to cope, then let her and mind your business!

Winky Vitalic

I think it's sweet that Martha plans to hold a proper burial for her beloved pet. We did something similar when our 14 year old Shar Pei died - we had a little "service" for him and then we had him cremated. Winston now "resides" in a lovely cherry box on my living room mantle.

Bless you Martha - and I'm sorry for your loss!

Wow

I guess it's really respectful - and good for the other dogs to know what's going on.
But it's also really very strange!

Winky Vitalic

Jeesh, I see judgemental Kelli is here. You are hardly the one to make comments about the lives of others. Go find your loverman Lenn K and do the happy dance. Oh, that's right, you are a sourpuss who is incapable of doing the happy dance. My condolences.

tracey

It's weird she just left it on the ground and the other dogs are all sniffing it...

Kelli

#7, glad to see you have missed me. Enjoy my opinions and feel better!!

Toomuch

It's really sad and kinda creepy looking with the other 2 dogs sniffing around their dead friend!

Single Dad

We just lost a beloved pet and good for her for sharing, every other part of her life has been shared (exposed) to the public... so what shouldn't she share her loss of a pet. It's hard enough losing a pet who has been a part of the family not to mention be judged by the media

Winky Vitalic

Kelli - what's your problem? That time of the month? You sound like the type of girl I would never look at. Ever.

Kelli

Well I guess I will find something positive to say. She wrapped it lovely and the bow is tied perfect like always. Nice Martha.

SuzyCreamCheese

whoa wicked bad taste is not a good thing!

required

very nice pics on her blog. she really loved that dog. the other 2 dogs are paying their respects before she put him in the ground. cute dog.

Area 51

Most all of us have lost a pet at some point in our life. It hurts....but after a couple of hours of reflecting on the good times you shared with your companion (and maybe a few tears), you dig a large hole in the back yard and resume your life. What will Martha have us do next?....perhaps line up to view the dog's corpse in the Capitol rotunda?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments