"Idol" to Archuleta -- No Prom for You!

4/22/2008 2:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David ArchuletaThe only way David Archuleta is going to his high school prom is in his mind.

"Idol's" strict rules about not letting the contestants out of their sight on the weekends applies to everyone. So David's prom -- which takes place this weekend in Murray, Utah -- is a definite no-no.

Earlier this month, Brooke White had to skip her sister's wedding because she was on "Idol" lockdown. "Til death do us part" isn't just for the bride and groom!

Just sayin'

I wish they would put a camera in that house where they all live. That would be some good t.v. Picture it: AMERICAN IDOL/REAL WORLD!

emme

I'm not sure exactly why but I just can't stand this kid.

Patty Pecora

David Cook reminds me of a Martian Head, but he can twist songs and lyrics to his advantage. I love David A and hope my son has his persona (so adorable). I can't wait to always hear him sing on American Idol. I vote for DA and I am 48 years old! GO DAVID AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Kelli

BIG TWEENIE THATS JUST GREAT, YOU HOPE YOUR SON IS GAY LIKE YOU AND DAVID A. AND YOUR PARTNER IT SOUNDS.

AI sux

Of Course David Archuletas GAY. Come on its all out already!! Him and his Lover PHILLIP. I bet PHILLIP tought him real good thats why he want more of him. LOL
I do believe David is PLAYing the hole game here for the VOTES. He has his family to deal with fans, church. I do believe MORMONS don't like GAYS. This just all my option. Its all out, there no sense in hiding it anymore.

Adio11

Oh well, the prom is over now. It was his Junior Prom, so he can go next year. Obviously, most of you have no clue what it is to be a true Mormon Youth. Believe it or not, David is a Priest under his Bishop. He is really, True Blue. We walks the talk, ask anyone who goes to school with him. Before you knock his personally, you best spend the time during some homework.

ciara

Geez wonder woman, are you obsessed with Daivd? I see you on every one of the storys about him, trying to feed us this crap about some phillip guy, who is probably you, are your trying to get famous.
Get a life.
And this is a singing competition, we shouldn't care if someone is gay or not, as long as they can sing.
Although personally I DON'T believe he is :)

a fan

David A. you are really talented and a great singer, I wish you the best regardless of the American Idols out come. It doesnt matter straight/gay/bi It is to bad you couldnt attend your high school prom, And don't let people say gay guys don't attend there proms, I did and yes folks I did go with a girl and I we both had lots of fun.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4