Star Jones Files for Divorce

4/23/2008 11:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Star JonesTMZ has confirmed that former "View" host Star Jones has filed for divorce from hubby Al Reynolds. I'll be needing a lawyah!

Jones filed back on March 26, and the couple married back in 2004. We're told that Star is currently out of the country. Big Al -- as ever -- no clue where he is.

She released a statement to "ET" that reads: "Several years ago I made an error in judgment by inviting the media into the most intimate area of my life. A month ago I filed for divorce. The dissolution of a marriage is a difficult time in anyone's life that requires privacy with one's thoughts. I have committed myself to handling this situation with dignity and grace and look forward to emerging from this period as a stronger and wiser woman."

Oh Canada

Seriously Starr, what were you thinking. In the real world, good looking, physically fit, successful straight men do not marry obese women (20 pounds overweight, maybe). You were a real Lard ass, and he chased after you; that my dear should have been your first clue that Big Al was either gay or had an agenda, probably both.

I don't feel sorry for Starr, no matter your station in life you should never behave as if people with less (money, fame, looks, etc) are beneath you...but for the Grace of God.

Karma is a bitch.

rjinchi

He is GAY! For God sakes, why marry his Hag in the first place?

Georgia Girl

Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Anyway, I hope Star does emerge stronger and wiser. We all make mistakes. Hers, unfortunately, was very public.

pk3palm beach

Star is an accomplished women who has made her own way and did make some mistakes along the way.
Most of us are NOT accomplished, have NOT made our own way and made mistakes along the way. I can see where the jealousy comes in but the hatefulness puzzels me. Is our collective ego so fragile we have to revel in everyone's pain???

Dee

I've always hated Star Jones. The marriage was a big JOKE. She's a lier... oh but wait, thats right, she has a law degree right?

Dana

THE MAN IS SO GAY! I FEEL BAD FOR HER BECAUSE HER SHOW SUCKS TOO, BUT SHE LOOKS GREAT.

MEE

Good for him... he finally decided to come out..

Nshado

So...is she blaming the media for her failed marriage? Right. Celebs will blame anything on their failures, bad marriage, drugs, sex...except the one that matters. Themselves.
Eh..you're not the first or the last. Suck it up.

BobJones

People who announce publicly that they "have committed myself to handling this situation with dignity and grace and look forward to emerging from this period as a stronger and wiser" whatever are just attention whores that are trying to convince themselves that they are worth more than they really are. As soon as she took the easy way out to get skinny, her ego went through the roof. She will get what she deserves in the long run.

Mia

Regardless of the fact that Star is a big fat wench or the fact that Al is gay, doesn't change the fact that divorce sucks, no matter who/why/what/how/when...

Bunny

I recall when Star was marrying someone told her Al would either be her soulmate or her first husband. Here in NY Al Reynolds is and has been for years frequently seen at numerous gay clubs and bars with his entourage of gay men, No Star in sight. Well, the wife is always the last to know. Al and Star were living a lie, perhaps now they can both move on into their respective truths.

rminva

Is this a surprise to anyone? That whole wedding, from start to finish, was one huge joke!!

TMZ FAN

Star Jones is a MESS !!!! .. I wish she would just go away...

zyski

Hey Elizabeth (comment #4) You mean Al is GAY! I'am shocked

Lana Caine

First of all, what straight man would marry that pig? Loud mouth, ugly, obnoxious--she's got it all. She made such a spectacle of her wedding and now the whole world is laughing at her. Bye, bye sugar . . . a not a minute to soon.