Tony Robbins Unleashes the Power of Lawsuit

4/24/2008 4:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tony Robbins claims a competing motivational speaker has stolen his schtick, so he's suing the dude.
Click to view docs
In the lawsuit, "Banana Hands" Robbins claims the wife of Stephen Pierce -- the other motivational dude -- used a small camera to record almost 50 minutes of a speech Stephen gave at one of Robbins' seminars. Pierce then posted the video on his website, and encouraged his readers to skip Robbins' $8,000 seminar and buy his video instead. Self-help yourself, folks!

The firewalking guru is also claiming that Pierce posted a fraudulent statement on his website claiming that he got permission from Robbins to film the speech and make it available for public sale.

Robbins is suing for all profits Pierce made via the unlawful use of Robbins' likeness. Calls to Pierce's camp were not returned.

dreamer

His messy divorce was so inpirational....................NOT.

Abby

$8.000??? I think that would me motivation enough for me not to even think about going to his seminar...geez!..some people have more money than they do sense.

miss me

tony robbins BS seminar ruined my marriage. he is a pig that cheats on his wife and his kids are fat a$$ES! He needs to get over himself.

annoyed

Umm,,,,,,,,,,

"Banana Hands" ?????

sandy

Dude number 3 comment I don't even know Robbins or Stephans but ruin your own marraige you stupid idiot. How the hell can a motivational speaker ruin your marriage. Some people are so dumb and maybe if you cheated on your wife you'd have someone to go to since your wife dumped you. And why did you bring his kids up you slow and miserable!!!

Calm Hill

It seems like the people who help other people with self-help need alot of self help themselves. isn't that ironic? I guess they are human too, and the more you focus on our peoples issues, the less you can focus on your own...

The Individual, Calm Hill
www.calmhill.com/blog

Kelli

Never heard of him.

Kaizer Soze

Because I'm GOOD enough for a lawsuit,
I'm SMART enough for a lawsuit,
and doggonnit, people like my lawsuit.

*Daily affirmation to be repeated in front of a mirror:
KevinJ

Ramone

HE IS A SHYSTER FRAUD POS, AND FUGLY TOO

Alanna

'...used a small camera to record almost 50 minutes of a speech Stephen gave at one of Robbins' seminars..."

Stephan gave the speech. It was his words, not Robbins', People will sue over anything, won't they?

susie

tony robbins has been helping people to reach their goals for along time..shouldn't he be sharing in there sucess. you apparently have not experienced a tony robbins progam....$8000 is a small price to pay for a lifetime of happiness and sucess..another thing why would you go an attack his family.....maybe u should buy his program..and work on your anger...

eric

Tony Robbins ruined my marriage too. I brought my wife there and he seduced her, after the seminar in a private meeting after the show. He insisted that I should wait in the hall. I am just a little guy......My wife told me later that Tony has very small, ah, feet. That dillweed!

phdguru

TMZ, who cares?

BP

Just do a search on Robbins and look at his history with the SEC. He has settled with them so many times the paper could choke a range full of horses.

Katrina

comment #11, if you went to a Tony Robbins seminar it doesn't seem to have made you any smarter, you sure didn't learn how to spell...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments