No Foot, No Problem for Chesney

4/27/2008 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kenny ChesneyKenny Chesney suffered a foot injury during his entrance to the stage last night -- but finished his set without incident. Who says country stars ain't tough?

He was coming up through the bottom of the stage on an elevator, when his foot (which was harnessed in for safety) got stuck between the lift and the stage. After finally freeing himself, Chesney performed his whole set -- he was the final act of a show that included LeAnn Rimes and Brooks & Dunn -- with a noticeable limp.

Chesney said afterwards, "I took one look at those fans, and there was no way I wasn't going on." And they all took one look at him and said, "Hey, wasn't he married to Renée Zellweger?"

Lenn K.

Big fan of Kenny Chesney, hell of a songwriter and performer.

jennjenn

I was there. Hurt to watch him knowing he was in so much pain, but it was the most AWESOME show! He rocked the Carolinas like no one else can. He was limping a lot and wincing with pain, but still rocked our socks off! I have a new appreciation for him.

Mediatakesit2far

i love kenny chesney his music is soo good and im glad that he could be that tough cause i no if i was one of those fans and didnt get to see kenny ide be really upset

Kelli

kountryfan-ain't that the truth! :)

Lovin The Big K

Kenny is my ALL-TIME fav artist.....I would be very happy to nurse his little tootsie back to health!

Nance is a Dumb Ass

Love him so much!!!! I have my life size cardboard cutout right here. Going to Pizza Hut Park in Frisco, Texas next weekend to see him AGAIN!!! Old Blue Chair; Shift Work; Too many to mention.

Sharona

Yeah TMZ you are right....he married a geek! Glad he got rid of her too..........

ding dang y'all

KENNY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbird

I was there last noght also. First time seeing him live, and I see why he remains top entertainer in Country Music and really throughout all of Music Industry. Even with the injured foot, there was an incredible amount of energy given by him to us. Thanks Kenny, and we hope to see you through here next year.
Festival time please!!

Ramone

what a closet queer

Reed

Beyotch puh-leaze...his fans don't give a toot about his lemon-sucking-faced ex-wife, I don't know why you pathetic gossip writers always need to go there, get over it. He works through pain and still gives a damn hot performance...THAT ladies and gentleman is why he's the entertainer of the year time after time, we love you Kenny!

Ramone

HAHAHAHA...if only he came out of the closet, as the ashamed queer he is, and THEN see how many red-blooded good ole boy country fans would want anything to do with him.

I wonder if he's top or bottom. Judging by his photo, I'd say bottom.

I'm just sayin.

Kelli

Billy you obviously want a response so here ya go, whatever!! I do not even care if he was, he is awesome.

Ramone

I believe he's very gay, and I boycott him. I want my country singers to be REAL MEN, not fruitcakes.

Hal

He reminds me of a fairy. Watch him as he performs on stage---moves around just like a fairy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments