No Foot, No Problem for Chesney

4/27/2008 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kenny ChesneyKenny Chesney suffered a foot injury during his entrance to the stage last night -- but finished his set without incident. Who says country stars ain't tough?

He was coming up through the bottom of the stage on an elevator, when his foot (which was harnessed in for safety) got stuck between the lift and the stage. After finally freeing himself, Chesney performed his whole set -- he was the final act of a show that included LeAnn Rimes and Brooks & Dunn -- with a noticeable limp.

Chesney said afterwards, "I took one look at those fans, and there was no way I wasn't going on." And they all took one look at him and said, "Hey, wasn't he married to Renée Zellweger?"

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Fan from OKC

I am going to see him in OKC on May 2nd, and I am totally excited. 10th row on the floor, and I WISH I was gonna be closer......
Kenny, Ill make your foot feel all better, baby.......

Kelli

57? Prove it is really you and leave me backstage passes at the gate. I need two, please!!! Love you...haha! Just leave them for Kelli, hollar at me here. See ya in Frisco saturday.

Baseball Junkie

Hey, Kelli, if he leaves you a couple let me know and I'll fly in. Heck, I'll spring for the beer and truck rental if you don't have one. Or should be get a limo. Doesn't quite seem right for country music though.

Go Sox

Kelli

Darn it BJ, I saw a new comment and thought for sure it was KC replying to me! haha!!

Yep, I will be there, right on the field pretty close to the stage...me and my bf...sorry, I could have gotten ya a ticket had I known. I'll have a beer and think of ya I promise!

Fan from OKC

Ya, I need some backstage passes, too, Mr Kenny......
Ill be holding a sign that says, "Id rather be at a Kenny Chensey concert" on Friday in OKC......10th row with My mom......pull us up onstage.......:)

Kelli

Hey OKC, I askes first and I am Kennys biggest fan!!

Hollar at me KC.

Fan from OKC

You can come backstage, too.....My tickets are amazing, but Id

Fan from OKC

much rather be backstage.....haha......

EAST TN Fan

I was at the Kenny Chesney concert in SC (I am from TN) yes it was awesome.Anyone that could do what he done is a agreat person. I have seen Kenny many times always a great show he loves his fans .Some artist would have cancel but not good old TN born Kenny .See him in Nashville July 5th

Kelli

Still checkin for my backstage passes. come on Kenny, hook me up with 2 for tonight!!!

Dakota Girl

I was at the concert in Columbia. You could tell right away that he was in pain. It was really hard to enjoy the show knowing he was in pain. But regardless Kenny did continue for us, the fans! He felt our magic just like we felt his. I'm glad to see he is doing better though. He still put on one hell of a show. I love Kenny Chesney!! I don't care if he marries 500 times he is still the best entertainer in country music!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5