Mariah & Nick -- So Are They or Aren't They?

5/2/2008 7:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Even the Carey and Cannon families are sparring over the truth about Mariah and Nick's supposed wedding. Would someone just settle this s**t already?

Exhibit A: Mariah's nephew says not very cryptically on his Facebook page, as Us reports, that "what you may or may not have read or heard is not true," even though he says he was in the Bahamas. Exhibit B: Nick's fam "confirms" the "news," claiming that he told them he's married. Meanwhile, People says that the ring Mimi's been sporting isn't the same sparkler that Nick gave Selita Ebanks.

TMZ told you yesterday that there are preparations for a big event somewhere in the Bahamas ... in the future.

Usher – I Will Not Pimp Out My Baby

Unlike Brangelina, J. Lo, and Scientolofam before them, Usher Raymond says he won't be selling snaps of his kid for money.

"I am livid that people talk about my child," Usher tells the New York Post, and says he won't sell the lil' guy out. The proof? He has already posed, for no money, with his kid for a Father's Day cover for Essence.

As for his supposedly tempestuous marriage, Usher says he stands by Tameka Foster "as a man loving my wife and being there for my child."

Baba Wawa's Bad Girl Past

Not that you wanted to think about Barbara Walters doin' the dirty this early in the morning, but she's flinging the sheets off an affair she had with a married Senator back in the '70s.

She'll be telling Oprah next week that she had a steamy affair with Sen. Edward Brooke, the first elected black Senator. But the affair was kept tightly under wraps because both Walters and Brooke knew that it could ruin their careers. Walters wasn't married at the time, and Brooke later divorced.

Party Favors: Michael Jackson Cookin' Something in Vegas? ... Mindy Mac Back to Work

Vegas Confidential says that Wacko Jacko could be in talks with a "local hotel boss" who wants to do something "major" with the King of Slop. He moved to Vegas last year. ... Countrywreck Mindy McCready is going back to work on a new album after blabbing to the New York Daily News about her affair with Roger Clemens. "The first day as really difficult for her," says someone quoted as her "management consultant."

heisstillcute

Did I miss something? Why is Walters bringing this up now.....that was a long time ago...who cares now???

Insert comical name here

Doesn't Barbera have enough money yet? Why the heck would she want to show us all her dirty laundry? Shesh, try to have some dignity in your old age.

Liz

Good for Usher not wanting any cash for pics of his little boy. I guess he is not the whore that JLo is!! The Jolie-Pitts donated the money they received to charity.

Who new Barbara Walters wasn't perfect! As Martha would say, "It is a good thing". Isn't she writing her autobiography or is it completed?

Pariah, I don't really care whether you got married or not...........just another PR stunt from you to feed your large EGO!!!!

Annasavannah

This might be a stupid question, but does Barbara Walters really have such a pronounced speech impediment? I guess I've never paid enough attention to notice!

AND, concerning all the Mariah Carey junk, wouldn't it be kind of tasteless for her to be wearing the same ring that he gave what's-her-name?

Lenn K.

I don't know, I guess I never pictured Barbara Walters having sex. She been old for sooo long. Well you think you know a person. No one really does.

get well soon

I remember when someone on TV said Carolyn Bessette Kennedy was georgeous...Barbara got so jealous and was like "she's not georgeous, she's alright." That made me see how insecure she is. Talk about competitive.

bigblackstroke

Just like all all white women

She loves the Big Black Stroke.

White men can't work the middle because their Dk too little!!!!

Party 'till you die!

Really becoming super sick of Pariah Carey! And yes, a peech imspediment for Ba Wa. That horny mummy tart!

Party 'till you die!

The only thing that can save Nick Cannon is a wooden stake and some holy water!

Rough Daddy

A mans character can be judged by how he treats his childs Mom. Usher seems like a good guy.

What can I say about B.W., are the ratings down for the View? I really never needed to know that.

Insert comical name here

Annie, back in the seventies her speech impediment was much worse. She got help and now it's a mere shadow of its former self. Unfortunately she didn't get similar help for her personality problems.

MissLady

Hey Babs is down with the swirl! And Mimi, just die already, you and that ridiculously repetitive song of yours makes my commute nauseating! and not all black men have big you know whats, i'm Black and I love Black men, but we gotta be truthful ok?

Liz

bigblackstroke ~ And just how many white men have you laid down with.................operative word being "men"! Don't talk about something you know NOTHING about!

LosCabos

About whoring your kids out in magazines: Even if they donate the money to charity, it's still part of the ego process some celebrities can't live without. Like, "yes, i'll donate it to charity, but you first gotta tell me how much a pic of my kid is worth". That's what makes the headline, NOT that you donate it to charity.

mary

I find it interesting that Ms.Walters said the affair with the Senator ended so it would not harm their careers NOT because he was married.It probably ended because after 1979 he stopped being a Senator and she only likes men in a position of power which she has stated herself.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments