Castro: Send Me to Cuba, Anywhere but "A.I."

5/7/2008 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jason Castro may have sent out a silent plea last night to get kicked off "American Idol."

We have a spy at the "Ellen DeGeneres Show" taping today, for a show that airs tomorrow. Producers slowed down the tape of "A.I" where Ryan is reading the phone numbers and Jason mouths what looks like, "Don't vote."

Some people at TMZ think he might be saying, "vote, vote," but the majority of us think he's asking for the boot -- which, by the way, he ended up getting anyway.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Chandra

He's one of a kind. Have great life,Jason!

tard in the hood

I love that kid! I'd do a bong with him anytime.

Nessa

I think he was just joking, but yes it does look like he is saying dont vote...

deb

HE SAID 'VOTE VOTE'. good grief, slow news day???????????????????????

Liz

I can't stand this show and I can't believe it is still on the air.

MH

I thought it was "Don't vote" last night and still think so after watching your clip three times.

Still think he "forgot" the vocals on purpose.

Tina

If he wants to go home, let him. He's done great. He'll have record out. We release you!

Tina

Jason doesn't look like the competitive type. He's just having fun! Right on!

Me

LOLOL I love Jason Castro, but he's been quoted this week on a couple different interviews as saying he just wants to go home. I watched this video about ten times. You can see him forming the D in don't. It's EXACTLY what he said...don't vote. And he said it slowly enough for people to read his lips and follow his command. :-)

This is classic. I'll be so surprised if he isn't voted off tonight.

anon

I live in Rockwall and he wants to get booted off and has been trying to for two weeks. He is getting worse as you can all see. He could get a contract and do things his way and not AI's way.

mmmmmm hmmmmm

best of luck jason, i hope you get to go so that you can start your true music career. you are my fave!

PeacE

Kat

He finally realized winning American Idol isn't for everyone.

davey

dude, score me some ganja

Lori

I can't belive so many people voted yes. This is a NO BRAINER. THE TEETH TOUCH THE LIPS WHEN MAKING THE "V" SOUND, BUT NOT WITH THE "D" SOUND. His teeth CLEARLY TOUCH HIS LIPS BOTH TIMES. IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY "D" WITH THE TEETH TOUCHING THE LIPS WITHOUT MAKING AN EXTREMELY ABSURD FACE

Milly

I can't understand how anyone CAN'T love this kid. His voice is sweet and pure and it doesn't hurt that he is a beautiful boy. Those who say he is terrible singer need to try listening to something besides Britney. Pick up a Jeff Buckley or Jack Johnson CD. Expand your horizons. It will be sad if the judges and producers get their way and he is sent home tonight. I'll miss seeing him every week but look forward to his CD. I could listen to him all day.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments