"Idol" Reject Popped for Pervy Sex Texts

5/8/2008 10:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A guy who once tried to get onto "American Idol" by comparing himself to Clay Aiken just got nabbed for sending sex-laced text messages to a 12-year-old boy and propositioning a ten-year-old while volunteering at a Brooklyn elementary school.
Click to read the documents!
Colin Leahy, who's 23 and auditioned on season three of "AI," was arrested by Brooklyn cops yesterday and charged with two counts of endangering the welfare of a child. He was arraigned and released on his own recognizance, the DA tells TMZ.

Leahy never made it to Hollywood, and he had compared himself to Clayken because they had both been camp counselors -- oops. Simon Cowell called his tryout "as bad as it can possibly get." Well, maybe not quite.

concerned

I am just saying that to punish him for something he may have done is wrong ,
that is like punishing someone for murder because they robbed a store and may have killed someone.
I believe he has issues and needs serious help, but he has no criminal record and did not molest anyone the text messages were sexual in nature but I punish him for that, inappropriate behavior with these minors as they only charged him with 2 misdemeanors I believe only the prosecuters are being fair to him everyone else is hanging him before he has even been found guilty.
We are in no way someones judge and jury.
I do feel for these children but even the 12 year should have gone to his mother before he received over 120 text messages he wasn't threatened and he was answering these messages.

Most boys at 12 would know this was wrong.....

OCD

Oh, man. That's beyond creepy.

blt

How GROSS!!!
He reminds me of Perez Hilton!!!

VAN-HALEN ROCKS

perez on meth...

wow

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

mike

What a s c u m b a g.

anymouse

Hey buddy, only republicans named Mark Foley are allowed to text message little boys and get away with it!

Remember, rules only apply to us little people; while a top repuddlelican can walk down the street with an AK47 killing everyone in sight and claim that the rules banning murder are unconstitutional.

Ms Kris

Slow news day TMZ? WHO CARES ABOUT THIS NOBODY?

WHY IS THERE A POST HERE ABOUT THIS?

This is local news for where this loser who hurts kids is at

Fred

A face not even a mother could love.

Bob

Everyone who tries out for that show is as shallow as it's premise. From one gay guy to another. Colin, I hope you get whats coming to you. This is disgusting and A.I. promotes talentless phonies. I would rather be stuck in a sound proof box listeing to New kids on the block all day than see one more show of American Idle or have TMZ remind me of its existence one more time!

Lucy Phoenix

Pervert should be sent to jail where he is on the receiving side of the unwanted attention. "He was arraigned and released on his own recognizance, the DA tells TMZ." He didn't even have to post bail. They just let him walk out to harass other children. He should have a certain tiny piece of anatomy removed with a dull knife.

LOL

10. He needs a bullet in the head!!!!

Posted at 10:22AM on May 8th 2008 by Susan B

Absolutely right!!!!!!!

Abby

a bullet in the head is way to quick and humane

JM

leave him alone all

sjw

Moms lock up yor kids. I hate pedophiles.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments