Farina Booked on Felony

5/11/2008 4:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dennis Farina is being booked on felony weapons possession charges.

As we first reported, Farina was busted at LAX this morning after airport security saw he was carrying a loaded .22 caliber pistol in his briefcase at a security checkpoint. We're told cops decided to change the booking from misdemeanor to felony after they determined the gun was not registered. Prosecutors could eventually charge him with either a misdemeanor or felony.

Farina is being held on $25,000 bail. He's still in custody.

doublej

im first!, first, first!

scissors

He was set up by Al Queda, I've heard of this type of thing happening before.

Switch

that's funny

MH

It says "$25,00 bail." How much is that exactly? Is it $25? Or $25,000?

Seriously, do "y'all" proofread? Ever?

I tell you, edumacation just isn't what it used to be.

eindoodle

Oh yeah.. like this is big news. TMZ = Lame!

a bail of 25000.00 is 2500.00 ... people need to read more than just this b/s

Ooooo Noooo!

Dennis Farina was a Chicago copper for almost 20 years before entering acting. Sounds like a, "opps, I forgot that was in there deal." Happened to me at O'Hare with a poctet knife in my roll-a-board, but TSA just ook it away -- no charges.

greg6363

As a former Chicago police officer, I bet he has a permit to carry a firearm. He probably tried to pull a fast one on the TSA officials and thought they wouldn't actually inspect the weapon.

Media whores

Celebrities are not smart people. Fans put them on a level that makes them see so, but most celebrities, if fact, are very ignorant people. Many haven't graduated high-school and most have never taken a college class in their lives. They just aren't bright people. That explains their lifestyles and crazy actions. That is why it pains me to see so many of them having (or buying) children (see brad and angie). They raise these kids to become leaches on the environment, living off their parents fame and wealth, offering nothing back to mankind. Trying to carry a gun onto a plane is just a small example of how ignorant these people really are.

Mr. Hat

Oh come on. He's one of the good guys.
Save it for one of Bush's terrorists.

Walter

What was he planning on shooting with a .22 pistol, anyway. Rats?

Beowulf

Dumb arrest (and upcharging it to a felony!) because as a retired police officer, Farina he has a federal right to carry a gun that overrides any state or local law (apparently the FBI declined to press charges, so this is a California criminal action). The trick is, he is supposed to carry some credentials from his old department (in his case, Chicago PD) and certification he's qualified on a pistol range in the last year. Were I Farina's lawyer, I'd get those two items posthaste. There is no way a judge will let this go forward if he can come up with both.

Media whores

I TOTALLY disagree that a retired ANYTHING should be able to carry weapons without registering them. That is just plain ignorant. He's an ACTOR now! He has no need for a gun whatsoever. And anybody that "forgets" they have a loaded gun on them shouln't even be allowed to REGISTER for one! No no no... this is NOT a good thing people. He needs to be punished just like anybody else.

Sue

Oh please. This is ridiculous. He's an actor and former police officer. Oh well I guess it's their job. Hope he can pay that 25 dollar bail.

Just call me trailer trash....

this is starting to sound like a movie

rachelle

I'm just curious. These people that post "I'm first!! I'm first" and they are listed as number 2, 3 or 4.....don't they ever feel a little foolish?? What's the big deal about being first anyway???

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments