Oprah's Dead Bitches!

5/14/2008 7:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Proving everything she touches turns to gold, Oprah Winfrey's dead dogs have been turned into a masterpiece.
Oprah's dead dogs
A life-size monument by controversial sculptor Daniel Edwards depicts conjoined-at-the-hip 'puppy versions' of Oprah's late Cocker Spaniel Sophie and Golden Retriever Gracie atop of the unwed 54-year-old's head. So wrong.

"Memories of Sophie and Gracie: A Puppies' Memorial" -- which opens May 22 at the Leo Kesting Gallery -- hopes to highlight "the overlooked threat of accidental pet fatality by common household products." Sophie died earlier this year of kidney failure, while Gracie passed in 2007 from choking on a ball.

This is the latest A-list mock of art created by Edwards -- the same artist responsible for The Paris Hilton Autopsy and the sculpture of a nude Britney Spears giving birth on a rug.

See Also

Oprah: Big, Bronzed and Naked

Lalaland

Is this sculpture also an urn for their ashes?

It looks like a nice sculpture... over the top but stylish.

VAN HALEN OU812

i cant stand opraha and you might ask why,she always helps the black folks but never helps the navo indians "the real native americans"..oh yeah i cant stand obama 08 either...

Lara

It doesn't seem that bad. I don't see anything disrespectful with it, doesn't really look like Oprah though.

TMZhires13yearolds

OMG! You guys are hilarious! "Unwed 54 year old"??? Jesus, you sound like my great aunt Minnie. I didn't realize TMZ was inhabited by a bunch of old biddies who think we're still living in the days of the puritans. You know what, I think I've figured you out. You thrive on negative attention, like most brats do, so you huddle up and say: "What can we say that will piss the most people off?"

FlBiker

Self serving piece of s h i t

Lara

Why do you always have such rude and unpleasant titles with your lame photos, TMZ? Trying for a hook to get people to read the celebrity "news" you spew forth on a daily basis?

TMZhires13yearolds

I think if one were concerned with the Navajo, they would at least learn how to spell it. Navo (hehe). And why just the "Navos"? There is more than one tribe in America. Dumbazz.

Let me get my 2 cents in

I don't want my head in Gold or Bronze or any other form..but I would love to have my past pets immortalized...I have had my last two dogs cremated and I have the ashes since I rent and do not have a permanant yard to bury them...they were part of my family and life for years and brought me more joy than most people...also more loyalty and unconditional love...

hahahaha!

Weird piece, the dogs look like a seperate piece glued to the top of her head. Might have been more unique if they sort of rose up from the hair or head as one smooth piece. Not a big Oprah fan but the doggies are cute.

River

Um...this sculpture must be a huge disappointment to Opra. It is not a very stately, or loving homage to her dear pals. Dogs on a head? I think it would be a sweeter memory, to have the "dogs", somehow connected at the lower left or right, of the sculptural element that is Opra's neck/head. This should be easy to do. And is really more symbolic: having our dogs at "our side". The sculpture, as it is, is kind of a silly mockery of Opra's relationship and homage to her dogs. My feeling is that Opra is too classy to tell the artist that "this isn't exactly doing it for me". The artist should re-consider. Sometimes an artists misses their objective. This is one of those times. Needs to be re-worked. Definitely.

Lalaland

I didn't understand why she did the sculpture that way with the dogs on her head... but now I get it!

SHE'S THE QUEEN OF BITCHES!

Maisy

WOW! life size? Of the dogs? That'd be incredible!

But seriously this is what happens when you have more money than common sense. Absolutly shocking.

wtf

You know, it's this kind of crap that really makes you wonder what goes on in this guy's head...He just wakes up one morning and gos "I'm going to make this thing, this thing of Oprah with her dead dogs on her head, maybe I'll make it golden" ??? Go figure... I would love to see the expression on her face when she first sees this thing. This dude is really out there, far...

Twinker

I'm scared to think how this "artist" would pay tribute to TMZ. (Maybe Britney driving over a pap with camera in hand?)

Liz

I am sure Oprah knows nothing about this and the artisit took it upon himself to do it.......................Yes, everything Oprah touches does turn to gold but, not in this case! If the artist was hopring for a home run on this one, he missed it!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments