It Was a JOKE People!

5/16/2008 9:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Please do not run out and buy Ellen DeGeneres wedding gifts.

Yesterday, TMZ broke the story that Ellen had announced her impending nuptials to girlfriend Portia de Rossi. Right before, the talk show host issued a statement, lauding the court's decision to overturn California's ban on gay marriage, adding, "P.S. I'm registered at Crate & Barrel." Problem is, someone then thought it would be funny to actually register in the couple's name.

While Ellen and Portia are planning on tying the knot, they want to make sure that everyone knows that they are not registered -- anywhere.

We'd make a joke here, but we're afraid people will take it seriously.

Max

38. Somehow we need to regain our sanity. This is rediculous. We are allowing sexual perversions and other deviant behaviour to become common. Very sad. Perhaps we need to start discriminating against those who have these problems because if we don't our whole society will be in jepardy.

Honestly, I believe that illiteracy (as in not being able to write the English language), is more of an issue in our society. Perhaps we should discriminate against against the functionally illiterate? They had a chance to learn in school, they chose not to. Which, in effect was disobeying their parents. Which is breaking the commandment against honoring parents.
Also, if people can't speak or express ideas in a cohesive manner, how can we take your opinion seriously?

Bill

I thought they'd register at Snap-On Tools.

Tom B

close the closet! kids should grow up normal wondering who to date, not wondering which gender to date!

shirliana

ELLEN, I WATCH YOU SHOW EVERYDAY WITHOUT DOUBTH... EVEN WHEN I AM MAKING ERRANDS, I MUST BE BACK HOME BFORE 4:00PM TAMPA TIME TO WATCH YOU... YOU HAVE MY BLESSING TO MARRY UR SWEETHEART..

** YOU DESERVE THE BEST AND THE BEST AS ALWAYS ********* YOU HAVE BEEN AN INSPIRATION TO SO MANY PEOPLE AND I JUST LOVE TO SEE YOUR MOM ON YOUR SHOW,,, BRING HER BACK FOR A FEW DAYS OR EVEN A WEEK...

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTHOF YOU... IT WS ABOUT TIME./...

shirliana

** 5. I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU/.// PORTIA WAS A MODEL AND MADE A LOT OF MONEY .. SHE DOES NOT NEED TO DEPEND ON ELEN FOR MONEY... READ ALOT MORE.. U PROBABLY DON;T EVEN KNOW WHAT PORTIA DID FOR A LIVING BEFORE SHE MET ELLEN... SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHEN U HAVE NO IDEA OF PORTIA ...

shirliana

*** 15 - ROT TO HELL TOO......

shirliana

#12 GET A GRIP ON LIFE.. NEW YORK... LOS ANGELES.. AND MANY OTHER COUNTRIES ARE MARRYING OPPOSITE SEX.... ************ YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG AND WATCH TV *****************

Las Vegas

I have already bought them the Mr. Ed Strap-on collection...

LameMZ

OK here's what I need you to do... Using both hands firmly grab your bible pull it close to your chest.. hold it it tight! Now pull it away from your chest and shove it up your ass! This country is not a theocracy! It's a democracy! Seperation of church and state! Now you weak minded people are free to use your religous crutch to get through each day, but you have no right to create laws based on your supernatural beliefs! And you have no right telling me or anyone else how to live our lives based on your lame ass voodoo! I am not gay, nor do I give a crap who is! I am mature enough and smart enough to understand love between two people no matter their sex, and if they want to expand that love with marriage gaining the same benefits as hetero do then they should! Stop attaching sexual perversion to gays, trust me their is a huge difference!

Oh and before I reached a age of reason I did read the bible and attend church, they talked about all kinds of sins, but I never once heard "gross sin"! People with that amount of maturity should not comment on something like this.

yazzie

SICK..... I want to say it but it wont get posted. WHY? I love men. What the f kind of guy got a hold of you. Man someone screwed your heads up. Yikes! Listen there are alot of sexy ass men out there go for it all. Men are such whores but i admit i like me some men. Yabba dabba do Bam Bam and Bam. Oh yeah. Please find a good long ummm night.

He's Boring now

Where does one register for the Pee Wee Herman outfits Ellen so often wears? The gray pant suits, or man suits with a dash of red like pee wee's bow tie.

Would this idiot please stop making a mockery of men, since she will be the man in that marriage---that isnt how men dress nor act. So please, Ellen or Allen, if you want to be a man in marriage act and dress like one.

You're not a disgrace to the sacrament of marriage but to the sanctity of man.

I do believe though your age difference with your wife will be a problem in just a couple three years as she faces the big Four Oh.

CyberCritic

Now the big question.......when are Harvey and Dr Andy going to marry..? Wonder where they would register....and which one would be the bride.

Tobias Merrieweather

Doesn't matter what Ellen says or does - I think the whole upheld gay thing here in california will be repealed come November anyway. Marriage is, always and shall forever be defined as a union between man and woman. The idea of marriage WAS meant for M/W to be together/procreate and life would continue through them to their children. Granted it don't take mahwidge to produce a child(ren) it was only later that
the gays whined, balled and whined some more about what they couldn't do. There is no such thing as LOVE in a gay relationship. NONE, like 7 up, never had it, never will. Before anyone goes and blasts me for being way off base, let's think about this for a moment. IF you (the reader) love GOD - the GOD from the bible AND believe that Jesus died for your sins, why on earth would you go against the grain of his teachings? Saying, well I was born this way and love who I love. You're sadly mistaken, you CHOSE to live the lifestyle you have chosen to live. Some would also say; well scientists have found that there are even gay animals - or the brain of gays are this way and that way. Surrreee. All things must come to an end, and it would be a pity if anyone were to lose their soul or the opportunity for eternal happiness because they lived this life so stubbornly.
God is not amused...

CyberCritic

A quick thought Tobias...If god so hates gays....why are so many priests into little boys? Why aren’t monks or nuns allowed to be “normal” and marry the opposite sex?

Isn’t free will part of the package? So don’t we get to choose the outcome, right or wrong?

Btw…lets see, Jesus died at 32, never had a relationship with a woman, put his mother on a pedestal, and only hung out with men……hmmmm….sounds rather gay to me..!

Media whores

These things are certain:
- Jesus does not hate anybody.
- The bible is very clear about sin... and that sin will not be going into heaven,
- Those who reject Jesus, will not be going into heaven (depart from me, for I never knew you).
- Freewill is the only way you could choose Jesus from your heart... who wants to be forceably loved??
This life is so short compared to eternity. Just a bleep! Can you not reject sin long enough to score eternity in heaven?
Be careful in what you say and do. There is a real God and He is listening to you AND your heart.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments