Murder Rap Won't Stick to Slick Rick

5/23/2008 3:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Break out your Cool Water cologne! New York Governor David Paterson has granted a full and unconditional pardon to rapper Slick Rick for the attempted murders of his cousin and another man.

The eyepatched rapper, whose real name is Ricky Walters, served more than five years in the slammer after the 1990 shooting of the two men, who both survived.

The Feds had been trying to deport the UK-born Slick since 2002. The pardon should halt these efforts.

The good gov says the rap star is a good citizen who does volunteer work in his community. For his part Rick says, "I look forward to enjoying this time with my family and friends and to continue leading an honest and productive life."

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

FIRST BEYOTCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

davey

Bang, Bang, Bang

davey

That means FIRST Bi-otch

stafford

Love, love love his old school stuff.

Buckshot

The Ruler!

Julie

Lawdy, lawdy, lawdy! It is the year of the black man!
Everything will get better from here!

NYone

Gov. Paterson is officially da man !!!! It's about time, he suffered enough

Ginny

I am pretty sure that they can proceed with deportation proceedings even if he's been pardoned. A pardon only relieves you of the sentencing restrictions and restores your civil liberties...he would have to have his criminal record expunged by a judge in order to beat the felony rap.

I know...I'm a nerd :)

May

Ummmm Hello Slick Rick didn't wear the Cool Water Cologne in his song that was the Snoop Dog Re-Make!!! He wore the Polo Cologne. Make sure you know your hip hop TMZ!

Big DZUL

I don't know who your creative writer is for the articles but they suck balls. I seen to diffrent stories with punch lines that are wrong. Cool water cologne was on Snoops dogg's version dumb ass in 92, not the original from The Ruler Slick Rick. I hate when corporate America tries to think there down with the culture.

Jesse Custer

Slick Rick deserves a spot amongst the greatest hip-hop artists of all time. Anyone who thinks rap is just a bunch of n****s talkin, needs to listen to this mans poetry set to music. With all the redundant and frankly washed up artists out there right now ( see: soulja boy, lil wayne, jaz-z, 50, etc.), I would love to see Slick Rick drop another classic album and claim the throne that is rightfully his. The only negative I can say about this man is his show at the FOX in Boulder last year was very sub-par, he just mumbled most of his words and skipped whole bars. I was really dissapointed cause the shows I've seen in NY were just nuts. Ladi-dadi.....

bethany

How nice. The governor supports attempted murder and thuggery.

Something tells me if this guy had been white, he's be long deported by now.

bethany

Or if he had been hispanic or Asian. Governor Paterson would not have even acknowledged him.

Racism at work in NYC.

Nicole

HE IS SLICK

Bird

Good for him. I hope this takes care of the immigration issues. That's been a thorn in his side for years.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments