Cagle and His GF Arrested After Drunken Brawl

5/28/2008 12:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Stop us if you've heard this one before - a country singer and his girlfriend got wasted and ended up in the slammer after beating the crap out of each other with a purse and an umbrella.
Click to view docs
Chris Cagle and his girlfriend Jennifer Tant were popped early this morning by Nashville cops for domestic assault. A police affidavit says the pair were intoxicated then got into an argument that turned physical.

The Davidson County Sheriff's Department says there is a mandatory 12-hour stay in jail before Cagle and Tant can post $1,500 bonds.

joho777

14 & 23. According to the heading on that police affidavit, Chris Cagle was the victim and Jennifer assaulted HIM.

So I don't think that you can say that, "he got drunk and beat her up," or that "he's a woman-beater."

Dwight

All I got to say about most of you is "shallow". I've known Jennifer for 10 years now and what a great person she is. Chris I've only known for maybe 4 or 5 and he's always been very nice to me.

I didn't realize that most of you knew them both so well to be able to make TRUE (or should I say furthest from the truth) comments like that.

I'm totally amazed...

Melissa

I have known Jennifer for years as well, and this story completly depicts exactly who she is. She is trashy, a gold-digger, and rude! Karma sucks and I'm glad to see she finally got hers!!!

jillybean

So where in Nashville does this guy live?
I read somewhere that he lives in Bellevue.. which is where I live.
And there were cops at our apartment complex last night.
Anyone know?

Laura

I agree with both Dwight and Melissa.

For Dwight yes Chris has always been nice, but he HAS issues, no secret there.

For Melissa, yes Karma is a bitch and right on the money!

No need to give an address that is not cool for either of them no matter what.

jillybean

Didn't ask for an address. Just wanted to know the vicinity.

jillybean

Nevermind...
You may not be willing to give out info but Yellowpages.com sure didn't mind.
I have a right to know where crimes are being committed in my community, and now I do.

Laura

Like throwing purses and umbrellas is a crime you "need" to protect yourself from.

jillybean

I also didn't say I needed to be protected. I was just curious. And I figured it out on my own and I'm not planning on posting it on here for anyone elses use. I was curious and thought someone may be able to calm my curiosity. Who wouldn't want to know if a "celebrity" was living right down the road from them?
No need to be rude.

Dwight

Mellisa, you sound a tad jealous of Jennifer.

name withheld

welfare is a conspiricy of the us government to keep blacks in our communities. It is a cover up for the tax scam that is being pulled before our eyes. The government steals our money, the blacks steal our money, and the entertainment industry steals our money.

Melissa

Dwight, whats funny is I also know you very well and you know that most people that meet Jennifer do not like her because of the amount of drama that surrounds her. I have known Jennifer since she was a little overweight and I commend her on her accomplishment with losing it; however, she is a VERY fake, and two-faced individual that I would never strive to emulate. As far as me being jealous Dwight...your right I wish I could get in a public fight with my boyfriend, beat him with an umbrella, and have my mugshot posted all over a national website! If only I could be so lucky! Have fun at Thirsty Thursday tonight!

Laura

What shall she do now I wonder? Going back to GA?
Maybe Bucky Covington is available.

Dwight

Mellisa,

Are you the one I worked with at Cowboys? I don't work Thursday nights. Enjoyed the night off.

nunya

So what's up with this Jennifer chick, anyway.....does she have family or just the cheap lookin girlfriends and BFF's that she "rolls" with?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments