« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dwayne's Ex Doesn't Want a Piece of the Rock

5/29/2008 5:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's divorce proceedings are officially done, according to court docs filed last week.
Read the docs
Johnson and his now-ex-wife, Dany Garcia, have a 7-year-old daughter, Simone. According to their divorce agreement, both sides will pay $5,000 a month into a trust fund to be used towards a private school, college education and other living expenses.

Garcia and Johnson will share custody -- splitting up holidays and whatnot -- and both agreed to waive their right to alimony, though The Rock will fork over $22,454/month in child support. Don't worry about Garcia -- she made $700k last year as a financial adviser.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

nikita

It is a shamme he does not know how good he HAD it. She supported him when he was injured in the beginning of his sports career. She stood by him through thick and thin. Thank God she was smart and remained in control of her wits and money and now that he is too good (in his mind) for he, she can still be self sufficient. He will end up with a shallow gold digger and deserves to lose in the future. I don't know the dynamics of their marriage, but when they had nothing the love was there, and money really does change everything. Good luck Dany.

maribell torres

I'm glad some of us Latinas has class and you can tell that they are both so worry about their daughter first. Good luck Miss Garcia Ihope you find love again. GOD Bless yall daughter. And for Mr.SEXY you will find love again to but PLEASE dont go out with a fake ass bimbo. thats more props to you on being a real good father.I really do admire that . But one thing I have to say is that you areHOTTT. GOD BLESS Yall. LOVE, BELL from Camden. NJ.

Katt

Nicely done! They are classy people. Parting of a Marriage is sad but at least they both acted like mature adults and not ignorant children. Kudos to them both!

Michelle

Sad that the marriage didn't work, but kudo's to them for being civilized and not attacking each other.

marsha

72. It is a shame he does not know how good he HAD it. She supported him when he was injured in the beginning of his sports career. She stood by him through thick and thin. Thank God she was smart and remained in control of her wits and money and now that he is too good (in his mind) for he, she can still be self sufficient. He will end up with a shallow gold digger and deserves to lose in the future. I don't know the dynamics of their marriage, but when they had nothing the love was there, and money really does change everything. Good luck Dany.
Posted at 3:45PM on May 30th 2008 by sange

But you know what, sange, according to his autobiography they had it hard through thick and thin, And I do believe at the point where he went to train with his Dad (where he talks about only having $7 to his name) that's when they agreed to be apart.

I just have this odd feeling that it was some gold digging bitch that broke up the marriage. That's why she doesn't want anything to do with him cause she just got so fed up that she just said ENOUGH. Cause I can understand that. Sometimes a man can hurt you so much that you just rather walk away with what you have instead of taking him for everything. You just want to sever off whatever ties with him, but still be cordial enough that to take care of what's important.... ie the child.

There's an interview that he for a magazine in South Florida called "City and Shore" where he talks about being remaining friends with his wife. He says:

I know everybody's situation is different. Sometimes things happen that people ' partners ' just can't forget. Nor do they want to forget. Nor should they. I understand that. But this is the mother of my child. This is the woman who I fell in love with and who I love deeply to this day.

Something tells me he understands that ALL TOO WELL and maybe have brought this divorce on himself. I hope not... cause I do hope he doesn't end up like some of those has been celebrities running around with an armful of BIMBOS for company. But I get a strong sense that he was at fault, but doesn't want it publicized..for image sake.

Big kuddos for keeping it civil.

Dan M

Not sure if this was mentioned but they split up their bank accounts according to the settlement and i am sure there was quite a sum of money in those so i think Dani made out a little bit as much as they say she didn't want alimony. I think the amount in the accounts covered her.

tawanna

i love you work, come holla at me. Id love to have you.

pplsbro

Hey....did u know that The Rock has a brother & a sister?......Don't believe me?....Go to ....thirdrockfromson.blogspot.com & check it out for yourself.....

Bob Nielsen

Personally, I think "The Rock" is a CROCK....if you read his autobiography, "The Rock Says...", he talks about how "I have to spend the rest of my life with this woman..." referring to Dani. Well, that didn't last, and neither did this comment, "I'll always be involved in wrestling, one way or another, for the REST OF MY LIFE..." As Maury Povich might say, "The lie detector test determined THAT WAS A LIE..."

A shame, too, because I was a big Rock fan.

Birds*Ohio2see

I have watched Dwayne Johnson, "The ROCK" in Wrestle Mania, in his movies and always thought he was just wonderful. I know people grow apart, but in this case, he really could have made some "efforts" to keep his family together. It sure wasn't the fact his wife, Dany was a bow wow! At least they are thinking about their daughter. That is the true blessing!
I pray God brings them both full circle. Money, fame, fortune aren't everything in this world if the one thing you lose is your soul & your family.
Think about it. All of you making those remarks, Lust is Lust and God & Jesus know your every word! I pray people realize what they are missing in their lives and turn to God! Amen!

Dujuan

Both of the parents made the child, so they should both take of the child financially. What is this bull about women who make alot of money shouldn't expect child support? I think they are insecure. It's like saying if you want to be like a man so much than take of the kids by yourself bitch, because you don't need by money. Grow up.

lisa2363901

I have to say that of all the things I have read or heard about Mr.Johnson that he is overall good man. Those are hard to come by these days. He is obviously what people have been saying for years - one of the good ones.

Christian

Why should she get credit? The ONLY reason it was not all out "WW3" as one commentor put it, is becasue she already has a lot of money....usually the one that commits WW3 does not have money....(e.g. - K-Fed anyone??) So no, no credit to her. This is how it SHOULD be and not be rewarded with praise for doing what is EXPECTED! (An least not we forget that she still gets over 20k per month....so what WOULD there have been to fight about??) Whatever!!!

TC

Everyone is here proclaiming on how "nice" this divorce was, and without drama.
Well, my question is, if she is making over 700K per year, why does she need over 22 grand per MONTH?!!?
I doubt she is living paycheck to paycheck. That's the sad part TO ME, in the end she STILL wants the money.

Dwayne's Future Wife

After having read the heading "Rock's ex doesn't want a pice of him" i had to comment,late or not.Firstly I would like to say that I'm sick to death of hearing about this and people blaming him,its nobody's business really so lay off.The man was too young to get married in the first place and I still think he should have waited a bit long but anyway,at least he held it together for 10 years.I really don't understand what a 25year old guy can offer in a marriage,a woman can do it and pull thru coz we not only mature quicker than men,we're stronger emotionally as well to stick it out.Anyway this thing about his ex not wanting a piece of his fortune and everyone making her to look like "the hero" in this divorce is really something.It goes without saying that she doesn't want a piece of it now coz she already had her piece during the subsistence of the marriage.Being a college graduate and all,she was obviously gonna make a descent living with time BUT the person who made the most money was obviously Dwayne.She built her wealth management firm when they were married and obviously Dwayne helped with that so now she's well off thanks to him.We all know we can't compare an average person's salary to that of a hollywood star,they weren't in the same league.If she had nothing at the time of the divorce,she would've claimed maintanance which would have been fair.So people stop making Dwayne to look like the bad guy.Not all marriages survive the storm and it's not a shame that it didn't work out,NOTHING IS FOREVER.