Harvey's Dead

5/29/2008 9:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Harvey KormanLegendary comedic actor Harvey Korman died today. He was 81.

The actor, possibly best known for his stint on the "The Carol Burnett Show" and in the film "Blazing Saddles," died at UCLA Medical Center after suffering complications from the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm four months ago.

Carol Burnett's assistant told the AP the actress was devastated by the news, but she has not yet released a statement.

He is survived by his wife and four children.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Albatross

OMG, how sad! RIP, Harvey, you were a brilliant comedian. :(

Rosy

Dude was funny!!!! RIP!!!

Shea

I'm so sorry to hear this. He was so funny and talented.

Charden

I grew up watching this talent in action. He is amazing and has been missed from tv for many years. Now, he will really be missed forevermore.

Kathie is a phony

Harv, you gave me more enjoyment in my youth watching the CB Show, there is no way I can ever say thanks enough! we all need a good laugh, especially now, in these trying times. You will be sorely missed buddy! Rest in peace with the rest of Golden Era Hollywood. We love you!

Pam

Rest in peace, Harvey. You brought so much joy & happiness to your fans, always loved and admired. My thoughts and prayers are with your family in this time of sorrow.

Joanne

Ohhhh, that is really sad. My ex mother in law designed costumes for the CArol Burnett Show.. Rest In Peace, Harvey and condolences to his family. He gave me many hours of laughter...

janer

Harvey, I just saw you and Tim Conway last summer ~ you still made me laugh just like when I was a kid! May you rest in peace!

Nor Cal Reader

Look at the Dentist Sketch from the Carol Burnett show. You will see Harvey and Tim Conway at their best. Plus it's a chance to see Harvey try not to lose it completely. Way funny. He will be missed.

Cabo

I am so devastated to hear this! Just a few weeks ago, I went onto UTube to watch all of the Harvey/Tim videos that I could find from the Carol Burnett Show. i LOVED Harvey; he was masterful and brought SO much joy to so many.

Truly, I am deeply saddened and send my sympathies to his family, friends, and everyone who loved him.

You will always be remembered, Harvey.

Christine

How sad, I loved him. RIP and my thoughts are with his Family. Goodnight Funnyman.

TMZhires13yearolds

You've earned your rest, Mr. Korman. You entertained us for many years. You were a brilliant comedian and a gentleman. My condolences to the family.

Lekili

My Father has the complete set of The Carol Burnett Show and its timeless. I watched the show growing up and found it funny, only as an adult do I realize just how talented all those people were. The Dentist Sketch is my all time favorite. Watching Tim and Harvey attempt to get through the thing without cracking up was priceless. Harvey Korman was such a talent and he will be missed by all those he touched and made laugh. My thoughts are with his family. RIP Harvey, keep them laughing on the other side!

ThirstyThursday

Great comedic actor. That's HEDLEY

artstoyz

My condolences to the family. He will be missed.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments