Diddy's Off-the-Cuff Dispute

6/2/2008 6:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sean "Diddy" Combs is a multi-millionaire mogul who leads a life most can only dream of. So why is he pissed off at a rinky-dink website that sells cufflinks?

We're told Diddy unleashed his big-time lawyers on a website called Cuff-Daddy.com, a small, family-owned cufflink seller. They fired off a letter telling them that the business' name was way too similar to his. Wait -- didn't he change his name to Diddy years ago?

We hear the business gets its name from the owner of the company -- he's just a proud dad who sells cufflinks.

The owner of the company tells us they are going to post a disclaimer on the site to minimize any confusion about the name. They also say they hope to resolve this with Diddy's lawyers as quickly as possible, and are in no way trading on his name-- they're just trying to run their small business.

Reps for Combs did not return our calls for comment.

ThirstyThursday

I'm gonna buy a pair of cuff links to show my support

~Cora

I'm first!!

God

BECAUSE HE IS ONE BIG HOMO

AUNT DAR

OH COME ON....
WHO DO THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE?
DOES HE THINK HE OWNS THE NAME DADDY OR WHAT IS HIS MAJOR PROBLEM.?..
GROW THE F@*#* UP!

Bonnie

He is a pathetic PUNK and has to throw his weight around to feel like a man. Plus he has to be a 2 minute man with his obvious feelings of inadequacy.

AUNT DAR

5 AND 6 YOU GUYS ARE HILARIOUS!!! SPEAK IT!
I AGREE 100 %.

huckbilly

Diddy, Daddy, whatever his name, everybody hates him anyway...

sandyduncansglasseye

Typical behavior....I am gonna buy lots of those cuff links now

mmmmmm hmmmmm

i hear the grooming industry is suing him for using'combs' and the ghostbusters want "Puff" back. personally, i simply call him 'pissy'

hot snot

OMG...he is going to all pi$$y with the Goodie company when he realizes they sell combs!

he is SO full of himself!

american beauty

I am going to buy tons of French cuffs and those cuff links to go with 'em! Wait...no one wears French cuffs anymore. Except Sean Combs. He's a jerk. I can't stand the guy. I wouldn't give him a cent of my money. Idiot. Why is he popular? Why is he rich??

american beauty

#12: marry me! You crack me up!

davidberkowitz

a cease and desist letter is common practice for entertainment;

the true intent is to establish acknowledgment that a party
INTENTS to profit from marketing their clients name or likeness.

truth of the matter in this particular case, is standard practice
to ideally establish a financial percentage from the profits.

however, in relation to this matter, the courts will not
recognize this suit as merit and dismiss it after it's first ruling.

in another example, a few years back, a very small retail boutique
selling ceramic wares for OVER 15 years, called, " you're fired ",
donald trump sent the same type of letter after he copyrighted the phase.

the courts threw it out respective of the given
time frames of the established businesses.

MISSPHILLY65

Post #11...That's too funny.

Caturday

Diddy, Puffy, or whatever he is calling himself , today is so petty and full of himself that I can not even stand to hear his name anymore... I am going to buy some hand cuffs this weekend.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments