Diddy's Off-the-Cuff Dispute

6/2/2008 6:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sean "Diddy" Combs is a multi-millionaire mogul who leads a life most can only dream of. So why is he pissed off at a rinky-dink website that sells cufflinks?

We're told Diddy unleashed his big-time lawyers on a website called Cuff-Daddy.com, a small, family-owned cufflink seller. They fired off a letter telling them that the business' name was way too similar to his. Wait -- didn't he change his name to Diddy years ago?

We hear the business gets its name from the owner of the company -- he's just a proud dad who sells cufflinks.

The owner of the company tells us they are going to post a disclaimer on the site to minimize any confusion about the name. They also say they hope to resolve this with Diddy's lawyers as quickly as possible, and are in no way trading on his name-- they're just trying to run their small business.

Reps for Combs did not return our calls for comment.

kashmir

Just another example of the black man trying to keep the white man down:)

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Diddy - don't be a punk. You don't own the name Daddy! Jerk.

What, you don't have enough money?

TMZ Fraternity

Good. He should get them to stop using that name..its obvious they are trying to capitalize off of the likeness in the names..But I highly doubt anyone would confuse that cheap looking website with something puff does..lol

And for all the people saying you are going to buy cuff links now...yeah right You clowns dont even have a place to wear cuff links..hahaha

Brattus Rattus

No one would have even known about this little family run business if not for him asting like a child. I have never like him or his music. Always a little too much "I'm the man" when he is anything but. I hope they make a billion now that he has his tantrum.

lets hang her

amazing how many celebrities think the world revolves around them.
i hope i dont get sued if my kids call me daddy.

TheLostGirl

Cheap arse says 'What?'

W. ZZais

Holly Smokes; Puff DiddyDaddyDoodlesDiddos could have his empire taken over by "Cuff-Daddy".
Puffy Muffy needs to grow up, He isn't all that.

momaloc

What a jerk P. pinchi Diddy
ok so he needs more money for what?
He should give some money to the New Orleans. I swear what a TOOL, and a DUSHE-Bag.....
He needs to grow up....

Old Coot

Not just a thug, but also an a**hole.

mmmmmm hmmmmm

I DO!!

mmmmm cheez wiz. thats Mrs. cheez wiz to you!!!!!

davidberkowitz

the ONLY real association is the CUFFS;

in p whatever-his-name-is-today
case, it should be HANDCUFFS;

CoolGirl2008

Has he recorded anything original? No.

I am opening up a hair product store and accessories called "Sean's Combs"

ha ha

Twinker

"CUFF" spelled backwards is ????! LOL!

Lauren

so if i call my dad, daddy is p diddy going to come sue me? P diddy = DOUCHEBAG

Cabot

P-DIDDY is my idol. If I didn't have that song... MO MONEY MO PROBLEMS back in the day, I would be soooo on the streets right now. Leave him alone!! I love P-DIDDY and I will cherish his beloved memory

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments