Luke Russert: I've Got Dad on My Side

6/16/2008 10:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Luke Russert appeared on the "Today" show this morning, just three days after his father's tragic death -- and told a hilarious -- and touching -- story about getting tatted up ... and his dad's curious reaction.

And just like his dad, Luke shared some sage advice on when to tell your folks about ink.

LakeErieGal

Luke is a tribute to his parents! Every inch of his attitude shows what a great job his parents have done.

What an incredible interview, and what incredible poise this young man is showing.

Thanks for sharing, TMZ!

ems_wench

Elections will never be the same. Tim Russert was a class act and had a knack for explaining the unexplainable. He cut through the crap and made elected officials take responsibility for their comments. One of a kind. He is missed. Thank you TMZ for extending the dignity he rightly deserved.

bubbalicious

Jeez, you would think the Pope died or something. The guy was a liberal hack who wouldn't know objective journalism if it came up and smacked him in the face. Now if only Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews would follow suit, we'd be a lot better off and would MSNBC.

wayne dh

HE SEEMS ALMOST HAPPY THAT HIS DAD DIED. IF I LOST MY DAD I COULDN'T GIVE INTERVIEWS AND LAUGH AND REGALE MATT LAUER WITH FUNNY STORIES. HE IS A FRAUD AND A BAD SON.

Lilarose

Looks like this son of Tim Russert is doing just fine now and will do just fine in the future.

I hope his mom is doing likewise.

leslie

I hope my daughter tunrs out as respectful and well spoken as Luke. His mom should be proud and I am sure Tim is smiling down from heaven on his son.

May Tim rest in peace.

leslie

Wayne...you are an idiot. I have never laughed so hard in my life as the night my grandfather passed away. We all sat around the table and told stories and just laughed all night long. You have to remember the good times.

Black Teef

I'm surprised the kid didn't start beating off about "Big Russ" like his dad did every chance he got. Please take this porker's picture down, stat!

thespellchecker

Too bad it wasn't Rush Limbaugh. There's something the world can do without.

quietyou

this was one of the most touching interviews ive ever seen, what a great way to be able to remember his father and the goodtimes they had.

and to all of you who are saying stupid things about Luke and his family such as their weight, etc, get out of middle school and have some respect.

jm

Wayne, you are an idiot.

I am very impressed with the young man's poise. What a lovely tribute to his father. God Bless them.

rachel

Isn't it a little too soon?

fussi

ENOUGH with the coverage. The fat bastard is STILL DEAD. PLEASE, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE DO NOT GIVE US ANY MORE DEATH UPDATES. WE GET IT...HE'S CHRISTLIKE. WE GET IT....WE ALL CAN'T GO ON WITHOUT CHRIST-ALMIGHTY TIM RUSSERT. IT'S PLAIN TO SEE THAT FAT-BOY JUNIOR IS THE SAME FAMEWHORE HIS FATHER WAS...AND YOU KNOW WHAT? TIM RUSSERT - NOT AT FAT NOW - BUT STILL DEAD!!!!!!!

jerseygirl707

right on target with comments lucy. he said at the start that the arrangements are keeping their minds occupied. it's natural to have this phase, where it all starts sinking in... and then in the coming days & weeks when the news cycle turns, they'll be left alone and all will really come full on. Happy his dad died? fame whore? what kind of sick SOB's are you people? this was his dad's job and it's no different than a child sharing stories about any departed parent from coworkers during a wake. he just gets the "joy" of national TV.

me

What is wrong with some of you people. A man has died and his son is trying to show the world, what a wonderful father and person his father was. What difference does it make if he is heavy or not? Shame on all of you for commenting on his weight. Clearly you all must be perfect!!!!

Tim Russert was a wonderful man and father and should be remembered that way! If his son feels comfortable being on the today show, laughing about his father, then so be it! When my dad passed away, we sat up all night and laughed about all of the funny things he had done through his life. And just like Russert, he was a wonderful man, who died way too young, from a heart attack.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Russert family. May Tim rest in peace.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments