The BET Hot Mess Awards

6/25/2008 12:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A whole bunch of people got arrested last night at the BET Awards -- by the fashion police!
BET Awards: Click to view!

Me

Tanya- I feel you...lol and I do know how to spell but I was in a heated debate with someone...

But thanks for the english lesson...

GTFOH!

to yea:

um....where do you get your 10 facts from? LMAO at the ignorant white
folks on here with the gall to attack the people and the culture that
they emulate. i'm pretty sure that 'yea' goes to hollywood tan
everyday; if not three or four times.

people are people...all cultures are beautiful....but if you don't
like that TMZ is posting about black people.....take your (possibly)
white and ignorant a$$ somewhere else.
if you haven't noticed...whites are no longer the majority. oh
well....people get their feelings hurt everyday....GET OVER IT!

Brattus Rattus

I just noticed TMZ put the caption "Jusus take the Wheel" on the bottom of the picture. Isn't that a country song? If so, that's really unnecessary.

TO EVERYONE WHO HAS MADE A COMMENT

Greetings to all who continue to read these comments.

The funny thing about the Internet and blogs...a wall is put up. People say what they want. People can be whom they want to be. Now this is where the irony kicks in. A lot of the ignorance that is displaced in blogs would be different if you were face-to-face with those individuals. Many would DARE not say some of the things that were printed here, in "real" life.

Pride in one's self, culture, race, ethnicity, etc. is not racist. When you begin to belittle, demean, etc. others, that's when racism begins to clear its ugly head. If a confederate flag is a way to show your pride, display it. As a Black woman, I could care less. If you want a White Entertainment Television, create one. It's your choice. If you know you don't have racisit intentions, it'll eventually be shown.

BET was created because there was not a market that catered to people of color. If you want some form of entertainment that caters to you, CREATE IT. Bob Johnson did.

For the record, BET is owned by Viacom. This is the same company that owns MTV. I'll pretty sure that the head of Viacom isn't Black.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

mudpie

shut up Ashley!! i was refering to a comment "me" made that all whites want to be black...cause they go tanning, lip injections and stuff..
And Me.. i think if whites had to make a choice of a differnent race...it would be spanish. They are way prettier. pertect tan and everything. dummy!

R.Zimmerman

27. TO ALL WHITE PEOPLE TRYING (I STRESS TRYING LOOSLY) TO HATE ON THIS BLOG ALICIA KEY'S SAID IT BEST LAST NIGHT "WE(BLACK PEOPLE) ARE A TALENTED PEOPLE AND EVERYONE WANT'S TO BE US"!

So go back to your TANNING BED'S, AND LIP & BUTT INJECTIONS..

Posted at 1:49PM on Jun 25th 2008 by Me

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Well, seeing as Alicia Keys is a surgically reconstructed half-white girl, that's kind of pitiful coming from her. Oh, yeah, she's a hack, too. Wouldn't put much weight on her worldview.

mudpie

Me is really white.

plushb

TMZ, you crack me up! You'll delete my comment...I guess it was deemed inappropriate when I stated that you guys had some nerve stating that guests at the 2008 BET Awards looked a hot mess being that I've seen your show and you're staffers are quite the hot mess....But you won't delete the comments of those using racial slurs? Hmmm...just what I thought...TMZ, another TRASH media site. Go ahead, delete that!

Jerel

"I am excited by the prospect of Obama being the first black man in the White House and the next President of America"…Amen to dat! I wish I could be a fly on the wall and see all the white ppl faces when they announce it. HAHAHAHAHA

Liz

tori

Isn't talent talent, no matter where it's coming from? I am white, but I see & hear people I admire every day. Some look kinda like me & some don't. I see people with clothes on I don't like, some I do. If God gave you some gift & you can make millions from it, that seems a whole lot better than wasted talent in any capacity.
My brother & I grew up watching BET & MTV. MTV didn't play all the videos we wanted to see in the mid 80's. If you wanted to see Rebbie Jackson's video "Centipede" (I am not sure now why we wanted to-ha ha!) then by God you had to go over to BET. Alexander O'Neal, Cherelle, Raydio. If you like something, who cares?
There are artists dressed badly at all the awards shows-is that something new? People are making millions off discussing the clothes & jewelry-on "E" and all the tabloids.

Blinded by the light

Brattus Rattus

55. Jerel: Are black people really going to vote for Obama because of his issues or is it because he's black.?. C'mon, answer honestly.

Posted at 3:57PM on Jun 25th 2008 by Whatever

~~~~~~~~~~~

You're seriously asking one person to answer for an entire race? LMAO

tori

53. I wonder how many of the people attending the "BET" awards last night know who their daddy is or were raised by their grandmother's?!? Now there is poll that should be taken!

Posted at 3:35PM on Jun 25th 2008 by Kiss My Saltine
_______________________________
And what have you done in your life to entitle you to be invited to any type of awards ceremony?? That's what I thought...
Such hatred.

Liz

Brattus, you moron! They are asking Jerel because they are the idiot that brought the subject up!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments