Jamie Lynn to Mom: Help Me With My Baby!

6/26/2008 12:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jamie Lynn Spears may not need a conservatorship (yet), but the new mom still wants her parents to help with her baby.

TMZ spies tell us ever since the unwed teen mother gave birth last week, she's been staying at mom Lynne's Kentwood home -- which Britney paid for -- called Serenity. We're told even though JL and baby daddy Casey Aldridge bought a home in nearby Liberty, Miss., Jamie has decided to stay with Mama Spears because she's realized it ain't so easy raising a child ... especially, when you're still one yourself.

As far as Casey's living arrangements, we're told he goes back and forth between staying with Jamie Lynn and little Maddie Briann, and his folks' home. An adult mother's work is never done.

Erika

I had my Daughter when i was 17, My mom did help me for the first week and that was it, not to mention that i was still in high school and finished on time with no help, its not hard to raise a child you just need to put your mind and heart to it!

Jennifer

I bet you half of you commenting in a negative way never had a kid in your life. Your judging and looking down on someone for asking help. I know my when i was born.. my mom had my dad and my grandparents help. Babies aren't easy they require alot of attention. It doesn't matter if you are 16 or 46 every first time mother wishes they had some sort of extra help. Jamie is blessed to have a mother that could help her out. She's doing nothing wrong and just b/c she living with her mother doesn't mean she's out shopping and partying. She's prob. the one who feeds the baby and takes care of it when she cries. Her mother prob. wanted to help too.. its her grand kid..

edmund kemper

JL and ALDRIGE bought a home in liberty, miss;

please;

this kid aldridge can't even spell the word mortgage let
alone fill out a financial application without a crayon.

he should be counting his blessing that he, like kfed,
will be getting a paycheck for the next 20 years.

don't be surprised when kfed's low-life attorney signs on
to represent the newest sperm donor to the family pool.

GET OVER YOURSELVES YOU PRUDES!

I think you people make way to big of a deal out of the c-section thing. I had one not even 12 weeks ago now and I feel like I did before I got pregnant as well as look just as good. I was up moving around with some level of difficulty by Friday and I had her on a Tuesday. Within a week my doctor had cleared me to drive and perform normal every day tasks, but reminded me to still take it easy and don't lift anything heavier than the baby. My husband works crazy hours so he wasn't around much, so his mother came over during the day a few times a week for the first 2 weeks to do a few chores around the house and she would also bring over dinner so I wouldn't have to cook. I don't have a high tolerance for pain at all; I am actually kind of a pansy. I didn't want to milk the whole c-section thing because that is not who I am. I am an independent woman who is not afraid to ask for help when I absolutely need it. Believe me there were days that were harder than others, but I had the determination to do as much for myself as I possibly could which aided in my speedy recovery.

Cathy

Aw, TMZ stop trying to make this more than it is.

It's very common (perhaps more so in the south perhaps? I don't know) for young moms to go home with their parents for the first week or so after having a baby, especially when you've had a C-Section. It's an important time for everyone to bond, and the more people who love a baby the better for the baby.

Jamie Lynn didn't invent the teen mother, just give this kid a break.

dana

OMG TMZ, what the heck is your problem. You try pushing a 8lb baby through your vagina and feel that type of pain and then try to take care of a baby all by yourself, NO MATTER WHAT THE AGE. The first 2-3 weeks are tough on a mother as they have to heal first and feed the baby every 2-3 hours. It is hard work! harvey, go ask your momma if she had help...you must not have one because you do not have a heart!

My d-i-l who is 25 is due in two weeks, I am going to stay with them for two weeks to help out with the baby, cleaning the house and cooking, it is what a mother does for her children.

BJ Rocks

Hopefully she will get the love and support she needs from her mom at this time.

tutututu

she didnt have a c-section, whats natural delivery, but intstead is painfull, obviously she will be neediing help for a couple of weeks, cause when you give birth you cannot pick up heavy stuff or make sudden movements. Good luck Jamie Lynn

MyTwoCents

Lynne needs to halt Caseys overnight visits or Miss Jamie Lynne may be pregnant again at 17.

HasBeens

I was almost 30 before I had my first baby and even I needed help from my mother even though I delivered naturally. Its a time of uncertainty for any first-time mother. We think that our moms know more about it having raised their chldren, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. In my case, my mother was a nurse, so that was a bonue. No story here, move on.

Reality

She wants mama to care for the baby so she can get her legs behind her ears and get working on another one, so she can have two like big sis! What a charming family!

Just Cruzin Thru

Damn....What is wrong with some of you? Jamie Lynn had a baby what a week ago? I needed help with both of my kids when I had them and I was in my 30's! It is not the most comfortable feeling to "squeeze something the size of a watermelon out of an opening the size of a lemon". There is a healing process and you do need time to bond with the child etc. So what if she needs help? The gaull of some of you to say she should have had an abortion is appauling. That was her choice (thank GOD we still have one) to have her child. No one says it's gonna be easy for her but that's why there are support systems in place (family, friends etc.). Give it a rest TMZ with the 'unwed" crap we are all VERY aware of that.

HasBeens

Carolyn A-B, Jamie Lynn got her GED when she was pregnant. So at least she is trying to be responsible. I think it was smart of her to do it before the baby was born because ANYONE who has tried to return to school, college, etc., after having a baby knows how difficult, darn near impossible, that can be.

Someone'sMom

I have been married for 20 years and had my second child at 36 and I still needed help from my mom! Who the heck cares? And the comment about "She should have had an abortion". . totally uncalled for

Emily Joy

Why don't we wait and see if she almost drops her baby and then drives her without a carseat before we start taking bets on what a horrible mother she is. Half of you who commented probablly act the same way. Give the girl a break and let her be...if it was us coming at you that way you wouldnt like it...