Verne Troyer Sues TMZ

6/27/2008 10:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Verne TroyerVerne Troyer has filed a $20 million lawsuit, claiming TMZ violated his rights by publishing and airing portions of his sex tape.

In the suit, filed Thursday in U.S. District Court in downtown L.A., Troyer claims TMZ violated his privacy rights and infringed on his copyright and trademark by running portions of the tape on TMZ TV and TMZ.com. He also alleges TMZ violated his right of publicity and misappropriated his name and likeness.

Troyer says the tape was stolen and ended up in the hands of Kevin Blatt, the guy who distributed "One Night in Paris." Blatt is also named as a defendant.

In addition to damages, Troyer wants an injunction prohibiting further dissemination of the video.

Calls to TMZ were not returned.

Tammy

LMAO thats funny...did he also sue that reality show when he was sitting in his wheelchair and peeing everywhere ? im pretty sure they aired what they could there too LMAO

Pamela

He sure is one ugly little guy. I'm sorry but *gag*...

DetroitDiva

LOL @ Calls to TMZ not returned
I love this site.
Hilarious

Ali

Whoever wrote this article is BRILLIANT. I love that you guys can make fun of yourselves like that. Yes, everyone has commented on the "calls to TMZ" sentence, but it takes sheer genius to come up with what will be a memorable phrase on a site full of really forgettable quotes (face it - everything we read today will be forgotten for the gossip of tomorrow) but I love it!

Dee Dee Dee

You go Verne! Sue Smarmy Levin's little pants off! Show him who's the man! TMZ deserves it, they've got deep pocket$

Jez

TMZ, PLEASE RETURN THE TAPE!!!! Every time I scroll over the picture, I get nauseous! Its just revolting! And Verne, for Christ's sake, don't film yourself as anything but Mini Me!

badbrad

I heard that halfway through the video he gets crazy drunk and pisses on her.
He's just mad because the new Mike Myers movie sucks.

Daniel

TMZ is going to pay 20 MILLION DOLLARS!

doodahday

Huh.. You are TMZ. How can they not be returned? Walk over and ask someone
roflmbfao

Minilove

AHAHAHA This is too funny! TMZ is totally using this to their advantage. Shameless self promotion you guys but GREAT entertainment!!! Didn't Paris/Rick also sue Kevin Blatt, but then miraculously settle for distribution? This has to be the greatest publicity stunt of all time.

Patrick

What a gross little ogre!

campy

i'm still masturbating

Bonnie Russell

I think the joke's on you. Number 5's comment was meant to be funny...and it was.

Me, myself and I

I see "some people" on here don't understand satire.

Verne is an idiot to make a "sex tape" in the first place, and Verne should be suing the person who stole the tape - not TMZ who bought it. Maybe Verne is a "little" upset that TMZ implied that tape surfaced to generate interest in the stupid movie.

TMZ, tell me how my ass tastes

Eat it TMZ