Dr. Adams -- What's Drunker Than Drunk?

6/30/2008 1:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Jan AdamsCops say Dr. Jan Adams wasn't just driving drunk when he was popped last week -- he was driving really drunk.

The good doc was officially charged today with misdemeanor DUI and a misdemeanor count of driving with a blood alcohol content above .08. But get this -- Adams' BAC was actually above a .15 -- twice the legal limit!

He'll face the judge in Fairfield, Calif. today at 1:30 PM.

Stay tuned ...

Brown Sugar

"Stay tuned?" WHO IS HE?

Tisch

I live in Fairfield and have seen this all over the local newspapers. This guy is crazy and needs help from himself. And what was he doing up this way anyway? There's nothing around here a celebrity would want.

jimmy d

ALL THOSE YEARS IN SCHOOL AND RESIDENECY ,I HOPE HE MAKES IT OK

SuperStarSteve

BAC of .15? Expect no luv from the Judge. Someone's gonna be pushing a broom or picking up garbage in a park soon.

Ummmhmmm

Ahhhhh haaaaaaaaa ,I live outside Fairfeild and let me tell you most Judges around here don't take kindly to DUI's !I had one and by the time all was said and done I shelled out over $8000 bucks (and I pleaded Guilty!didn't want to waste the courts time !) ...not to mention there is a mandatory 3 day stay in the klink ta boot !

Rosario

So let me see if I understand. If convicted, this would be his THIRD DUI in Five Years? No such luck as community service, no trash picking up for the former Dr. Adams, just say hello CA State Prison; which is what he deserves. Rehab doesn't appear to have taught him any lessons, maybe Bubba in lockup can!

Jess

Did he perform surgery drunk ?
Dr. Jan Adams has had soo many chances. He has had two DUI's prior.
When will he finally serve some jail time? Joe blow, off the street would be serving jail time.
I would not go to Dr. Jan Adams for anything....
I bet he will get a drug treatment center of his choice.