Send in the Clowns

... Bozo is Dead

7/3/2008 7:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0703_bozo_clown_bn_ap-1Larry Harmon, the man credited with making Bozo the Clown the icon he was, died Thursday of congestive heart failure. He was 83.

Harmon wasn't the original Bozo, but built up the character and eventually licensed it to television stations across the country.

FlBiker

A little song, a little dance...a little seltzer in your pants.

Feel free to azz rape the corpse :O

Joanne

Wasn't he Mark Harmon's dad? Condolences to the family. I enjoyed Bozo the Clown alot as a child..

Twinker

oh you said Bozo...not booze.

The red bulbous nose made me think about Happy Hour.

The eternal paradox: To live life well, we must laugh at death.

AvaBardot

That sucks! I loved that game where you had to toss ping pong balls into the different buckets!! RIP Bozo ;(

Cindy

WHAT A CLOWN, I CAN REMEMBER GOING TO CANADA TO BE ON THE BOZO SHOW WAY BACK IN THE SIXTY'S EARLY 70'S SOMEWHERE BACK THEN WHAT A CLOWN GAVE ME ALOT OF GREAT CHILDHOOD MEMORIES. MY SISTER DID A MAYPO COMERCIAL WHILE WE WERE THEIR AND I GOT TO PLAY THE BUCKET GAME. WHAT A GREAT TIME WE HAD . THANKS BOZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE LOVED!!!!!

claudia gondek

Awww, now I am truly sad. I was on Bozo's Big Top when I was 5 years old and actually got to play a game and win a prize, lo. Two in fact, a Big Thumb game and a 6 pack of Orange Crush, now that is back in the day, lol. I will miss him.

Cindy

I LOVE BOZO, WHEN I WAS A CHILD I WENT TO CANADA TO BE ON THE BOZO SHOW, MY SISTER CATHY GOT TO DO A MAYPO COMERCIAL AND I GOT TO PLAY THE BUCKET GAME, THANKS BOZO FOR ALL THE GREAT CHILDHOOD MEMORIES." FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS"

You Poor Fool

Bozo is in HELL, SCREAMING in HORROR.

kelly and keith

How sad this is... I grew up with bozo and watched him even after i became a adult as my kids loved to watch the shows with me... They loved him too and he will be missed no one can make a child smile like he could... rest in peace...

OMG

The most famous Bozo was Bob Bell.....and he portrayed Bozo FAR longer than the recently passed Larry. The Bozo the Clown everybody recalls and is lamenting is Bob Bell. In fact-the picture used in the piece is Bob Bell-not this Larry guy.

Nrthdude1

Bozo, Bozo, circus clown, dance around, Bozo, Bozo, circus clown, dance around!

FlBiker

He gave me ass-herpes and never even called me the next day, no flowers, nothing.

jb

"Harmon"? Was Bozo Jewish?

sweaver

clowns scare the s--t out of me

N

Bozo always seemed kind of creepy to me...then I watched "IT", the movie version of the Stephen King horror novel.....after that....clowns of all kinds scared the hell out of me.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments