Forget Dr. Oz -- Dane Cook Knows His Poop

7/8/2008 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dane Cook's lawyer has dog s**t on the brain. He's grilling prospective jurors about their views on dogs and excrement.

Cook's landlord has gone to court, trying to get the "comedian" evicted because his dog habitually craps in the public areas of the apartment building. Dane's lawyer is asking prospective jurors a number of revealing questions, including:

- What's worse. Stepping in gum or stepping in dog poop?
- If you live next to a park and saw dog poop, would you avoid that park?
- Would you confront someone about spitting out gum on the sidewalk or not picking up dog poop in a public place?
- Would you confront a neighbor about picking up after their dog?

UPDATE: -- The s**t has hit the fan! The jury has been selected.

jor

That is the jury from the Laci Peterson murder trial. You are disgusting for using this photo on your trash site.

Jacquie

Not that this has ANYTHING to do with this story but..... The redhead sitting in the front row of this picture (jury) Wasn't she a juror on the Scott Petersen trial?

John

Cook has a landlord? Is he poor or what?

PamMatt

TMZ you are a bunch of idiots.

That is the Scott Peterson jury. Two innocent people were murdered. I cannot believe that you would use this picture.
Take it down! Show some class. Oops I forgot who I was communicating with, people with no hearts.

justin

I have a Chihuahua and when I walk him through my subdivision I let him poop where he wants to and I don't pick up after him. I have trained him to only go in "natural" areas where people don't go walking because I wouldn't want someone to step in his poop. I'm a bit of a hippy, and I don't think it's environmentally friendly to "clean" up after your dog, especially considering that most people do so with a plastic bag that takes hundreds of years to decompose. Poop will decompose within a few weeks, and provides nutrients back to the soil, grass and other plants.

I know people will probably blast me for it, but that's my personal opinion.

Bandolero

Is this dude French by any chance?

!!

This is a JURY trial??!

The Judge should:
*Dismiss the jury.
*Rule in favor of the landlord.
*Fine Dane for the court's time, the jury's time, and the landlord's fees.
*Sentence Dane to community service in a Dog Park.
*Fine the Lawyers for bringing this "CRAP" to a jury trial.

wtf

-What's worse. Stepping in gum or stepping in dog poop?
Poop

- If you live next to a park and saw dog poop, would you avoid that park?

Gum no Poop yes

- Would you confront a neighbor about picking up after their dog?

Rather dumb questions comparing public places and gum with your living space and dog poo. Is this a joke?

Liz

This is such a waste of tax payers money!!! Whoever the landlord is that has this on tape, needs to get a life!

Dick Lick

TMZ people are morons!

Christon

I bet that little bitch owns a poodle.

wtf

Dallas I'm going to let my dog sh!t on your front step everyday. When you complain I'll tell you to get a life.

yadaYadayada

This is a waste of tax payer's money. This should not have gone so far; all the way to a jury trial. Who does Dane Cook think he is?

Moi

Court over dog poop?
Dane RENTING?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

F**K Dane, get with the times and pick up after you doggie mess!

What a waste of taxpayers money..
I agree with what someone wrote: THROW THIS CASE OUT OF COURT!!!

kiki

First of all its pathetic when you make that much money snd still rent like a chump. Secondly, when you choose to rent you are subjected to rental agreements of the complex. Even California law requires all pet owners to curb their animal. It's really sad that instead of complying with state laws and apartment rules you would rather waste tax payers money and retain counsel to fight such a juvenile issue. JUST PICK UP AFTER YOUR DAMN DOG AND THERE WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM. Dane Cook sounds like a pompous ass!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments