J.Lo's Restaurant Huevos Goodbye

7/9/2008 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Now that she's a new mother, Jennifer Lopez has no need for Madre's -- her Latin restaurant has closed.
Jennifer Lopez
A sign on the Pasadena eatery says it shuttered on July 1st "until further notice." Madre's had been in business for over six years -- a lifetime in the world of celeb restaurants. In contrast, Britney's NYC joint NYLA lasted less than a year.

A rep for Jennifer has yet to get back to us.

David

1st

mista

I like how the notice said that they will be closed Monday thru Sunday...Why not just so closed until further notice.

rachel

Why not just put a sign that says, closed on days ending in 'y' ?

ash

Maybe the employees were illegals..

Mik

I guess a fine latin cuisine toco bell at that location is out of the Question.

UCanLipThis

I'm sure the hobbit husband of hers made her close it. I mean, wasn;'t it Mr Affleck who named it??? ...mmmm

Just Me2

TMZ - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Do you all not have proofreaders - or - at the very least "spellcheck"?

What the eff does "shuttered" have to do with your fist line? It should read "shut"!!

SHUTTERED, is what Ben Affleck did the day he woke up and realized he was ENGAGED to J-HO!!

(I bet Ben Affleck counts his lucky stars every morning when he wakes up knowing he DIDN'T marry JLo).

Poor JLO - the one thing in life she surely wanted - was for Ben to marry her! Ha, Ha, Ha!

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Sorry to hear this. I really liked Madres. In fact, we'd often drive to Pasadena from Orange County just to go there.

BUT... my biggest complain was that they were ridiculously expensive. Basically, it was casual Cuban food at fancy French food prices. Nothing special about it really, it was average at best, but they charged WAY too much. I mean WAY too much for what it was. That being said, the reason I went is because I loved the atmosphere, the service was always very good and I love Cuban food and around here, there just are not many options.

So, I'm really sad to see it go. Maybe if they re-open they can revamp the menu a bit and alter their pricing structure. Take it all down a notch or two.

Just Me2

WHAT THE EFF DOES "SHUTTERED" HAVE TO DO WITH IT?!

"Shuttered" is what Ben Affleck did the morning he woke up and realize he was engaged to JLO!!

Brattus Rattus

Maybe they closed it because it wasn't making money? In this terrible economy, I wouldn't doubt it.

HARDY-HAR-HAR

"3. Why not just put a sign that says, closed on days ending in 'y' ? Posted at 2:42PM on Jul 9th 2008 by rachel"

Ha! Funny :)

Just Me2

I will never understand this woman's appeal. I know many hispanic women who are MUCH better looking (not to mention talented), than Jennifer Lopez can ever hope to be.

When she appeared in the movie "Maid in Manhattan" - her "maid's" get up made her look oh so natural (not to undermine any "maids" out there anywhere), however JLO really looked the part.

Plus, she has got to have the ugliest most unsightly nose in show business!

Without makeup, she is soooo plain jain. Waaay overrated. Mediocre looking at best.
Oh yeah...I hope I live to see what her now sagging ass looks like when she hits her 40's.
"The bigger the azz - the more there is to hang when it goes south" (women & men - remember that!)

HARDY-HAR-HAR

How about make the food more casual? Make it more of a Family type restaurant? The places that always do well are the places that are affordable but serve home-style food. Like Spaghetti Factory, Macaroni Grill, Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory. Hearty food, affordable prices. There is a new Italian place down the street from me. The old Italian place there barely had anyone in it. And most of the other stuff around it is pretty quiet as well. So I was shocked when we went and they had a line out the door! When we finally got seated, the menu was full of VERY affordable dinners. The owner walks around the restaurant all evening, talking to people, helping out here and there. It really just had a warm family/neighborhood feeling. Like the old days. The owner being there to greet people, then just walk around all evening being involved in everything gives the customers a feeling like they are special, and not just a customer, but almost like a guest in this guy's HOME. It definitely makes you want to go back. And they're kicking butt! They are always full. Dinners are very good, homemade Italian dishes and fish/steaks and range from $10-$25. Appetizers $7-$12.

Clare

Crap. I have a $250 gift certificate from there. Guess I can't use it now!

His.ShowBixMom

Jay Leno needs to add this stupid sign to his Monday skit of silly ads and headlines. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments