Martin Luther King's Bad Dream

7/11/2008 11:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

His dream was that one day his children would be judged by the content of their character. Now, two of Martin Luther King, Jr's children say the character of one of their siblings sucks.

Bernice King and Martin Luther King III are suing Dexter King, alleging he took "substantial funds" from the Estate of Coretta Scott King and put them in his personal piggy bank for his own use. They're crying fraud.

Bernice and Martin III have demanded a jury trial in Fulton County, Georgia.

Coretta died in 2006. The Kings had four children. Yolanda died last year. So the three surviving kids are fighting over money.

By the way, Bernice and Martin III are being repped by Johnny Cochran's law firm. The late J.C. was also one of the biggest civil rights forces in the U.S. of A.

notafanofnasty

HURRY, call Jesse Jackson, He'll have somebody's nuts over this fiasco.

BabyGirl

First!

totoafrica

Typical. His Dad was an adulter anyway. He's not the great person we all have been Fooled to think of.

Tangie

Imagine that...the man who epitomized peace and his own kids go and act like a**holes. Nothing shocks me anymore.

de Truf

There must have been a "BLACK HOLE". call Jesse Jackson, he might have to CUT OFF SOME NUTS"

Liz

I am not going to touch this. I have a mouthful of things I would love to say but, I think I will pass!

Starshines

Well there you go...

Felattio

Typical

nacho

If all of you can read - this article does indicate that the Kings had FOUR children and it does indicate that Yolanda died. It's just very sad that the surviving children are fighting over money. I doubt this is what their parents would have wanted, or how they were raised.

silly

To haha - since King is not the great man we've been told, I would imagine there's something great about you? Aside from the fact you are likely an ignorant redneck (and there's nothing noteworthy there!).

OUTLAW

Some family issues should stay private especially if we do not know the whole story,it's always two parts to a story,tmz is worthless.

Darv

King didn't even write his own speeches for goddsake. :P So he probably isn't the great man everyone believes him to be.

Peace Be Still

I think this is so sad. I wish this could've been done without it being made public. It makes it appear that each sibling is desperate for money. I never thought they had a lot of money any way but this makes it look as if they are not use to money. I assume now there is a unending riff within the family and that is the saddest part. Didn't Dexter have a baby? I wonder if his baby and Martin's little girl will be close cousins. I think they should work dilligently to bring this to an end.

Peace Be Still

He did write his speeches and to allude that he didn't is sheer ignorance and meaness

kitten with a whip

I don't think that IF Dr. King had extra-martial affairs that it in any way detracts from the good he did. Don't be so damned ignorant. The only thing "typical" about this is that it happens all the time to families. It is unfortunate that people can be so greedy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments