Susan Atkins -- Denied

7/15/2008 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Susan AtlkinsBrain cancer won't get you an early release from prison, not if you're Susan Atkins.

The California parole board denied the application for release by the jailed Manson follower. Atkins, who was diagnosed with brain cancer and may have only six months to live, had applied for Compassionate Release Consideration.

The L.A. County D.A. argued against it, saying, "[Atkins] has failed to demonstrate genuine remorse and lacks insight and understanding of the gravity of her crimes."

Atkins received the death penalty but it was commuted to life after the California death penalty was ruled unconstitutional.

Rachelwithsense

Everyone keeps talking about the medical bills as if they won't be the states responsibility if she is let out. Wrong! she may have a husband but no work insurance would cover her. she would be on Medi-Cal (CA. Medicaid) and still cost tax payers. Rather she stay in jail for what she did than to be let out. She got her Christianity when she was allowed to live in my opinion. You can be a Christian and forgive but she still has to pay the price of what she did. Dying in prison is that price and not as high as Sharon Tate and her child paid. Dying in prison is not a high price at all. She will be taken care of, her pain relived, that's more compassion than she deserves.

Jen

Did she give Sharon Tate and her unborn child a choice to live or die?
Next stop-HELL where you belong P.I.G.

ex lax

cut her some slack .. from one ear to the other

sleepy_angel

Thank you, #74.

Anti-Society

I wonder if any of the Tate supporters have seen the crime scene
photos of the nearly naked dead woman lying on the floor, soaked in
blood, full pregnant belly and all, surrounded by rope and gore.

Anti-Society

I mean Atkin supporters.

Jorge Weedstrom

I know.... Let's ask Sharon Tate if Atkins should be released early... oh wait, we can't cuz Atkins MURDERED her!!!!! I say AMEN to the California authorities! Let Atkins rot in her cell before she rots in HELL!!!!!!

KimmeyJ

I don't usually post to these things, but I have to say....She did the crime do the time. Noone made her do LSD....she did it by choice. There are thousands of runaways that got into trouble only to turn their life around for the better. There is no excuse good enough for the cold blooded murder of a woman and her unborn child, even after she begged for her life. She has been judged and punished by our earthly laws its now time for God to do his work.....

jen jen

she should rot in prison. what a waste of taxpayer money.

Deb

I have read a lot about Susan Atkins lately since the news of her request came out. Interestingly, for all of you who think when she dies she is going to receive her "real" punishment, according to Christian beliefs you are wrong. Jesus died for her sins, too, not just those of us who haven't "sinned as bad", and from what I understand she accepted Christ as her savior many years ago and ran a ministry that helped troubled youth from prison. I have been to her site and read her bible studies, etc, and I can tell you I believe her conversion is real. And seeing as I believe in Jesus and what the Bible says, I believe when she dies she is going to be welcomed home to heaven with angels singing and the Lord reaching out to give her a huge hug. NOW how many of you are pissed off...the justice you THOUGHT she was going to receive, she has already received here on earth. We all answer to a higher authority, including her, and I believe she is genuinely remorseful and repentant and has been forgiven. I thank God that most of you here are not God...no mercy, no forgiveness, no love. Just because she showed no mercy does not mean that we should not - denying her compassionate release on the basis that she showed no mercy makes us no better than she was then. I am grateful she will soon escape this life and all the horrors she suffered that led her to Manson in the first place. (Read about it, the woman had a terribly abused life). OK, let the nasty comments fly - won't bother me a bit, cuz I know where she's a-goin.

Piper

FANTASTIC! Susan Atkins IS home, the ONLY home she's ever known and chose by her actions alone to reside despite her weak efforts to blame otherwise on influences beyond her control.

Her brother, Steve Atkins, in a plea for her release asked the court, "Please let us be with Susan in her last days to be with her to pray with her and give our last goodbyes."

Why should humanity bestow grace, kindness and forgiveness in the name of compassion for Susan Atkins while she's dying? Where was her grace, kindness and compassion when Sharon Tate begged her for her life and that of her 8 1/2 month-old baby just before Susan Atkins gutted them and to this day, never shown remorse????

Thank you Gov. Schwarzenegger for ultimately denying this vermin any respect or compassion. Her brother, Steve Atkins, as well as the rest of her family can pray for her wherever she is. They're already given the luxury of being able to visit her while she's alive and have the chance to tell her before she dies, what they feel for her.

Sharon and her baby, as well as Sharons family and Roman Polanski, never had that luxury.

Thank goodness Susan Atkins won't be rewarded any dignities or compassion for her actions. She deserves nothing. NOTHING.

If her family wants to be compassionate and love her, they can just as easily do it where she resides right now, her home, in prison.

May she rot in Hell.

that's all

88. I've seen her site, too. Nothing about her victims just about her. You're entitled to your opinion. She still has the same crazed eerrie light in her eyes as Manson. If she truly felt remorse, and was sorry-she wouldn't have been insisting on parole every seven years causing the victims' family pain, but accepting her punishment. It's a selfish front, and if most humans with a half a brain aren't fooled, neither is God.

Dave the pig

IF SHE WAS TO BE SET FREE THEN IT WOULD SEND A MESSAGE THAT IT'S OKAY TO KILL, RAPE AND TORTURE. THESE MONSTERS WHO COMMIT THESE CRIMES AGAINST SOCIETY NEED TO PAY A PRICE - I ONLY HOPE THAT EVERY MURDERER, RAPIST AND PEDOPHILE OUT THERE WOULD SUFFER THE SAME FATE AS SHE.

I HAVE NO COMPASSION EXCEPT FOR THE FAMILIES OF THE MEN, WOMEN AND CHILDREN WHO DIE IN SUCH HORRIFIC WAYS - THIS IS THE ONLY COMPASSION THAT WE AS A SOCIETY OWE - ONLY TO THE FAMILIES OF THE VICTIMS!!!!!!!

Dave the pig

What is also sad is the fact that she was allowed to marry twice and also have conjugal visits ...... I live here in California and I am disgusted by our judicial system which feeds, houses, gives tv time, internet time and conjugal visits to these monsters. Hard time - should be hard time - locked away with no perks ........

MELISSA

Justice has prevailed. Like she gave the unborn 8 month old baby a chance to live? Not.
It is still hard to believe what she and her friends did that day to those innocent people.
Especially Sharon Tate and her unborn baby.
She does not deserve to get out early because she is ill. Let her die there.