Guns N' Roses' Drummer -- Welcome to the Pokey

7/18/2008 10:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Steven AdlerTMZ has learned Steven Adler -- former drummer for Guns N' Roses -- was arrested early this morning in Hollywood for possession of narcotics, being under the influence and an outstanding warrant.

Adler is still in police custody.

Earlier this month, the 43-year-old rocker told a radio station he was planning on being part of the cast of "Sober Living," a spin-off of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab." The timing couldn't be better.

UPDATE: The warrant stems from a 2005 case where Adler was charged for being under the influence of a controlled substance and driving on a suspended license. He then sealed his fate by missing a court date in April of 2006.

perky

Chill out Amanda. TMZ corrected it before YOU came along. So watch who you're calling ass wipes, ass wipe!

Amanda

Whatever PERKY. It's irrelevant to the story.

Moriah

He's been a crackhead for many. many years.. I can't believe it's still alive to be honest.

I'm sure Bi-polar Axl won't be helping him out.

JCShroyer

This is sad news knowing what he's gone through to get back to drumming like he did this past week at the Rocklahoma festival. :(

D

It's amazing how Izzy, Slash, Duff, and even Axl, all managed to clean up their acts, and get sober and/or drug-free in their later years. They were just as hardcore partyers as Adler was. Duff and Slash in particular came close to dying after they left GN'R, and that was sort of their "hitting rock bottom" moment to say to them "it's time to get cleaned up." I don't know how many times Adler has hit rock bottom, although I do know he had a cocaine-induced stroke that messed up his face and speech. And yet, he continues to do drugs. I always felt bad for him that he (perhaps hypocritically) got kicked out of GN'R for being addicted to drugs. But, now I'm thinking that maybe the other guys were right, and Adler would have remained a detriment to the band, and even to himself, had he stayed with them through the Illusion albums. I suppose it's all moot now, but it's a shame that drugs is the one demon that Adler just cannot seem to exorcise from his life.

amyg

Are you sure this isn't Joey McIntyre from NKOTB in drag? Someone split-screen, please.

perky

Obviously not, Aman-duh. You found it relevant enough to comment about. LOL

tattooed white trash...

Good luck Steve. That monkey on your back wants you dead...don't give him the chance!

Jblaze

I met Steve many years ago and hung out a few times. He is a really nice guy and its a damn shame that he can't kick this thing. My heart goes out to him and hope to one day see him back behind a drum kit kicking ass.

BlueberryMuffin

Hey there losers stuck in the 80's take it easy with slinging the word idiot around just because someone isn't low IQ enough to remember this wanker.

Anonymous

Not only was he the drummer, but GN'R had TWO guitarists -- Slash (lead guitar) and Izzy (rhythm guitar). Well, so much for Steven ever being apart of a possible original GN'R reunion; I can't see Axl putting up with this.

Wild Child

hi, as much as i know he got clean meaning he doesnt do heroin nor cocain anymore but he still likes to smoke marijuana, that he calls no drug.so couldnt this be the case... sorry for my bad english and good luck on Steven!!! peace!

earth

I was also at Betty Ford with him. He was a very nice guy. I remember him telling me what it was like to play in front of 100,000 people and he was still pretty down to earth. He never wanted to do heroin at all but Axel kept pushing it on him, at least that's how he put it. Axel would say it was a great high and part of the bands image, but once Axel got somewhat clean and Steven now hooked, dysfunctional and in dire need of help he was fired from the band.

It is a very hard addiction to control/break. I wish Steven the best and hope he can get on with his life.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2