Bale Says Assault Allegations Are Bogus

7/22/2008 2:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Batman, er, Bruce Wayne, er, Christian Bale is denying he assaulted his mom and sis.

In a statement just released to TMZ, his reps say "Christian Bale attended a London police station today, on a voluntary basis, in order to assist with an allegation that had been made against him to the police by his mother and sister. Mr. Bale, who denies the allegation, co-operated throughout, gave his account in full of the events in question and has left the station without any charge being made against him by the police. At this time, there will be no further comment by Mr. Bale."

Bale left the Belgravia police station in central London early this morning.

Emily

i didn't think he would actually assault his mother or sister. the whole story is complete crap and i bet they're just trying to get money off of him.

just wondering

So his mom and sister have nothing better to do than mosey on down to a police station and file a complaint of assaut against their son and brother. What a loser he is and can't even own up to hit. I can't stand people like him!

1am

Commissioner Gordon might be able to help him this time. :(

annanicolestern

of course the story is bogus. i read his mother and sister are alcoholics and drug addicts and they came to his room to harrass him calling him a "big shot" and trying to get money from him. LEAVE CHRISTIAN ALONE DUMBASS TMZ!! he's TDK for chrissakes! btw TDK is a MASTERPIECE. can't wait to see it again, Heath's Joker will get posthumous Oscar FOR SURE :)

Glisten Garbor

I've always found him kinda scary..I'm just sayin'....

Katie

I think I can buy his statement, especially since the police didn't seem to be in hurry to arrest him after the allegations. Sounds like they didn't even believe the "story." Perhaps mum and sis are short on cash? Never heard anything negative about this guy in the 20 years he's been in the public eye...til he has a huge blockbuster under his belt. Coincidence?

Liz

Actually it makes sense that the mother and sister would file false charges against them. We don't know what really happened, especialy if money is a motivating factor. I highly doubt the police would have released him if there was something to it.

Brenda R.

We love u Christian! Don't listen to these haters. I'm sure these charges are bogus.

Oh, Batman was awesome btw! Bale was great and Heath was beyond fantastic! Can't wait 'till it comes out on DVD

Krystal

The one previous TMZ article mentioned VERBAL assault as opposed to physical. I think the media's just running with assault and leaving it to people to insinuate smacked em around.

Avery

Even though I'm a huge Batman and Christian Bale fan, I'm not surprised at his recent troubles. He looked SO high in the picture of him, with Heath Ledger (in sunglasses) having dinner at their movies wrap party. His pale, gaunt and slender body streams COKE use to me. And in regard to the assault against his mother and sister, it's a sign of drug psychosis.

Jenni

They just want his money....what a bunch of losers. I can't imagine him doing anything like that specially in the peak of his career. Besides his stepmother is feminist Gloria Steinem, if he was really a woman beater she would have been the first one on TV making comments.

Kerri

I knew this was bogus from the beginning. Christian Bale is the most mild-mannered, respectful guy. He wouldn't hurt a fly.

And anyone who finds him "scary" should check out the DIsney movie he starred in called Newsies where he sings and dances. He's not scary. He's a brilliant actor who can play any role.

Kaitlyn Von Kat

No kidding. He’s always seemed like a pretty alright guy to me, rather serious but a good guy none the less. Not to mention my favorite actor for quite a while. I just think his mom and sister are trying to get a bit of attention since he’s become a household name and all. Plus with that record breaking box office total that got over the weekend, I’m sure they were just trying to get some money out of him and he wasn’t going to have any of it. Besides, assault isn’t actually harming anyone. It’s just verbal. I’m surprised my siblings haven’t filed a complaint with me on that basis. Oh wait, I’m not rich.

Bea

cooked up by a mother & publicist who feel that Christian was upstaged by Heath (RIP). No one has been talking about him in relation to the film. And he is the star! It's been all Heath (RIP), with a little Maggie & Aaron thrown in for good measure.Unfortunately, the press, even if it's bad, is still press. Now, people are talking about him.

Victoria

#12 Avery: Bale has lost weight for his role in the Terminator, which he is filming now. Man, are you jumping to conclusions. Also, did you not read where it said it was verbal assault ?

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments