Brit's Driving Has a DNA Link

7/23/2008 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lynne Spears: Click to watch!Britney Spears is a famously bad driver and it may be an inherited trait.

According to the Enquirer, in 1975 Lynne hit and killed a 12-year-old boy who was riding his bike in Kentwood. The article says Lynne was driving her brother to the hospital when the incident occurred.

A rep for Lynne told the tabloid "It bothers Lynne still to this day," adding, "She really doesn't like to talk about it. She just wanted to forget that it ever happened -- but she can't."

bethinking

For those of you who want to know, more reputable sites than this site give helpful details. Lynne was 20 years old and driving her brother to the hospital. She came around a curve in the road and the poor boy and some friends were on the road. She couldn't avoid the accident due to oncoming traffic. Horrific. For everyone. TMZ has no class.

MM

This is a joke right????????? You're really going there with this story!!!!!! FU TMZ!! I'm out.
You crossed a line. Perez too, it's not just you...

toodlz

and this is important to your website why??? your point is???? i think that is a pretty low blow tmz, even by your standards...

dmx

It's very sad for the boy and his family to have this brought out again and reopen wounds. As for Lynne, well, it's a terrible thing for her to have to live with on her conscience. She was running around with a married man as Jamie wasn't yet divorced when she started seeing him. Talk about that. And about the adultery others are mentioning. She has no conscience about that and many other things she's done, so I'd say sheneeds her conscience raised about these things.

jaddedkitten

new low pplz this isn't something to be making jokes about a 12 year old died

T

#15 swords woman, you are RIGHT ON POINT! This is probably the first time I ever thought "omigosh! why would tmz post this??"

dmx

I'm sure she's never offered them any money since she robbed Brit and got rich. Not that money could buy or ease the family's grief, and they would probably be offended by an offer, but she ought to do something for them. Sure it was an awful accident, but did she just walk away and go on with her life as if it had not happend or what? A memorial at the family's church or something would be a decent gesture, even after all the years passed.

dmx

The article quotes her as saying "Please don't think I'm a bad person." That terrible accident is not what makes her a bad perosn, it's all the deliberate things she has done over the years. so yes, Lynne, you're a pretty bad person, but not because of the accident.

dmx

I just heard Lynne's book is coming out this fall. So why don't you get on that track and lets talk about her terrible parenting and things like that?

Chuck

I couldn't care less about this woman or what pain she has to suffer from her personal choices.

I do think it's sad that the family of the boy killed will have so many wounds reopened. Remembering and loving a child is one thing....having the media come after you to see "how you feel" is quite another thing. Even 33 years later

dmx

I have aquestion unrelated to this accident except that it concerns the picture in the inquirer of her and britney a few years back. Lynne is only 53 now, right? With all the money she's got, how has she let her looks go so to hell? I've seen many 53 year old women who may not look 20 but they are far younger looking than Lynne. So what's up with that? She looks at least 10 years older, at least 63 or 64. Why? She's reputationed to be conceited about her looks and yet she can afford the best and looks like sh*t. Why?

Seriously

Thank you, TMZ! Thank you, for keeping me informed about what a SCREWED UP group this Kentwood family is! What would I do without you, TMZ? THANK YOU! No wonder Twit and the uglier, younger sister have turned out SOOOOO massively rotten (and illiterate). And it's all because Lynne Spears is/was/and forever shall be an adulterer! Aren't they all inbred? Nasty, nasty family. I'm sooooo ashamed of them, as they don't have enough sense to be ashamed of themselves. It takes a village, you know.

dmx

Chuck, you are right. I can't stand this woman because of things I know about her, but it is horrible to rake up the pain and sorrow of that boy's family. When you lose a child the grief never goes away, you just have to get on with life becuase you have no choice. I wish this ugliness would go away and if we want to bash Lynne, there's plenty of reasons without bringing this up.

Seriously

WOW, she and lohan's mother EWWWWW - both are pig-nosed, hog-wild FUGS! You would think they could afford to look better, somehow.......or keep their fugly mugs hidden. They are so selfish to flash such an ugly face all over the place!

Debbie

I am so taken back that TMZ would even bring something like this up. That is low and hateful. Some of us are just plain stupid for even coming back to this web site, but unfortunatley we are sucked in by curiosity, but this is just a really low blow. No matter what this women or her family has for a reputation she is still a mother and a grandmother and will never forgive herself or forget that tragic event. TMZ I am appauled and say you should be ashamed of yourselfs for digging this heart wrenching information up.