"Last Lecture" Professor Has Died

7/25/2008 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carnegie Mellon professor turned "Last Lecture" Internet sensation Randy Pausch has died. He was 47.

Last September, Pausch's "Last Lecture" speech -- which was actually called "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" -- became a viral phenomenon and was even retold in its entirety on Oprah.

Pausch had been battling pancreatic cancer and passed away early this morning. He is survived by his wife and three children.

KCBE

Rest in Peace dear sir. He was an inspiration to so many and gave hope to the world. There is a special place in heaven for him. His family must be devastated. It doesn't matter how long you are with a person with an incurable disease, it is always a shock. Even though his death was inevetable, he never seemed like this thing would beat him. Sigh.

Christa

How very sad. My thoughts are with his family. I'm going to go live a full life today in his honor.

Liz

What a true loss to this world!

May God be with your family during this time................RIP Randy!

mack

God bless you my friend, reading this story caused me to stop...................do the sign of the cross, and blow a kiss to my computer to your photo

my prayers to your family and children............your spirit and your attitude made many of us think twice about what matters in life

Vaya con Dios , may you rest in Peace.........................

Tired and Ready for A Nap

I hope that his family can find some comfort in knowing how many people he touched. God rest his soul and bring comfort to his family.

Staci R

I am so sorry about your loss. Your husband's book will continue to inspire me everyday.

Tony

This is one of the most decent men I have ever seen or heard about. Great husband, father and human being. Rest in Peace Randy! He will be enormously missed by any who knew him, saw him or heard him speak. First-class guy!

Why is it that it's always the good guys, with so much to contribute to the world, who go so young? Most of the people that TMZ report son wouldn't be missed for a second. Hey God, twisted man, very twisted.

Lar

This is heartbreaking. This is a guy that was completely real.

Penny

So much love he had. God bless his family----may they have peace.

Mia

Goodbye and Godspeed Randy. Your children will remember you with pride and honor. I wish comfort to your wife and family, your friends and students. You have taught us all a supreme lesson in courage and service to others.

jenni williams

i have also followed his story and grieve for his wife and children. he was a remarkable and brave man who changed many lives!

Michael

Just to let you know, the good doctor's story was NOT shown in its entirety on Oprah ... his original Carnegie-Mellon lecture was some 45 minutes to an hour long ... he cut it down to about 15 minutes for Oprah ... please research your subject matter before posting untruths ... your site is turning into perezhilton.com ...

In NC

I downloaded his video lecture on itunes and will be showing it to my 7th grade students in English---then asking them to write a lecture about their lives up to this point. What an inspiration Randy has become. His legacy will be long coming.

Jeremy Bosco

I give my heartfelt prayers and condolences to Mr. Pausch's family and friends, and to everyone whose lives he touched through his incredible and brave journey in his short life.

Fina

So sad!!! So young!!I work on a Oncology unit and it's always sad to see young people with cancer. We have been getting more cases of cancer and they keep getting younger....sad, sad.