Mary-Kate -- Piti-Full House War

7/28/2008 3:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

She's the most unlikely celeb to be embroiled in a kitchen dispute.
Mary Kate Olsen
Our spies say Mary-Kate Olsen, who must weigh 90 lbs. soaking wet (educated guess), has pissed off her former landlord in the Hollywood Hills.

We're told two years ago Mary-Kate rented a house for $15,000 a month in the bird streets above the Sunset Strip. The landlord claims Mary-Kate's people customized the kitchen to her needs (insert joke here) -- counters, paint, etc, and Mr. Homeowner says it was a disaster. The pic you see is the new kitchen -- he tore the old one out after Mary-Kate split back in April.

Marty Singer, Mary-Kate's lawyer, tells us the landlord gave M.K. permission to re-do the kitchen and then restore it when she moved out. He says before she had the chance to restore, he tore the kitchen out, put a new one in and expects her to foot the bill. Singer says it's a bogus attempt to get her to pay for a remodel.

We're told the landlord believes Mary-Kate's people also did something to the pond in the front of the house, which allegedly caused it to flood like a mutha.

The landlord is withholding M.K.'s $30k security deposit and there's a big fight. The landlord wants even more from her and she wants her security deposit back.

kfb

WHO CARES I LOVE THE OLSENS BUT WHO CARES THEY ARE TRYING TO LIVE THEIR LIFES

kfb

FIRST!

Chris

Um, the Olsen's have made millions and millions of dollars before they were even 18 years old- I think she can afford $15,000 rent. Anyway, these things happen to regular people too. Not really news.

jjb009

I'd hit that...

wtf

I thought that picture was the before pic. That is an ugly @ss kitchen, no wonder why MK wanted to remodel it. This landlord has zero taste.

Liz

Bless Mary Kate's little heart!

westley allan todd

the withheld deposit would
only be utilized at a food bank.......

Justme

The Bird streets, OMG, do you know who her nieghbors are. Leo, Toby, Keanu......

Kelli

I think it should be remodeled again, too dark and ugly white countertops.

Meowch

Seriously, that is one crappy looking kitchen for a house that rents for $15,000 a month.

Victoria

Forget about MK and the kitchen B.S.,..............

What the hell has happened to Madonna's face??? OMG she looks like the "new" Joyce Wildenstein....come on Madonna, what's so hard with just aging gracefully????????

JennInDC

Okay, I hope whoever is really in the right wins, but....$30K to her is probably like $5.00 to me!

sandy

that's one ugly kitchen.

HasBeens

Do people actually get deposits back? Landlords will do anything around here to keep deposits. I had one keep mine because a shingle fell off the outside of the duplex I was living in. How the hell is that my fault? He made up all sorts of lies about the condition it was left in (which was a bunch of bull, I even wiped down the walls), but he rented it out 2 days after I moved out. I guess it couldn't be in that bad condition for him to be able to do that. Then he had the audacity to ask me for additional money on top of the initial deposit for alleged repairs he had to make, AFTER I wrote him after the 30 day period requesting the remainder of my deposit. Jerk. Trust me, I ripped him a new one!

anonymous

He just wants some money .He told her it was ok to remodel I'm sure her lawyer has paper work signed to secure her monies with any business negotiations due to money hungry and sue happy people.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments