The Price is Wrong!

7/29/2008 1:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

PlinkoA rigged game kinda derailed "The Price is Right" last week.

Our spies tell us the show's famous Plinko game had been pre-set to hit the $10,000 slot every time for a commercial they were shooting on set for the "Price" video game before the taping -- but some bonehead forgot to reset it.

During the next taping, a contestant began playing Plinko and racked up $30,000 before producers finally realized what was happening. They stopped tape, fixed the game (actually un-fixed it) and the woman went on to win $3,000.

The show still gave her the $30,000 as a fabulous parting gift.
But you won't see any of it on the show. It all was edited out.

StayFree Maxi Pads' Cathy Rigby: 'Memba Her?!

Cathy Rigby became famous for being an Olympic gymnast, starring as Peter Pan on Broadway and schilling StayFree maxi-pads on TV in the '70s and '80s. Guess what she looks like now!
Cathy Rigby

Life's A Drag!

These days it's hard to tell who the real stars are in Hollywood and who's hardly real. While many stars have been nipped, some also look like they have something to tuck.
Trannylicious Popstar - click to launch

Mr. T -- I Pity the Homophobic Fool!

The ad never aired in the US, but a Snickers commercial starring Mr. T, a speed walker and a pair of snug short shorts caused a huge homophobic stink for the Mars candy company.
Mr. T: Click to watch
After an outcry from the Human Rights Campaign, who say the UK spot "conjured up stereotypes of gay men," Mars pulled the ad -- which featured Mr. T firing snickers from a cannon at a man who was speed walking in what the HRC calls "an exaggerated manner." Obviously, they've never seen a real-life speedwalker before.

Calls to Mr. T's reps for comment were not immediately returned -- but we can't wait to see what he has to say!

Hollywood Vampires

While some celebs are tanorexic -- we're talking to you, Cristiano Ronaldo -- others find laying out in the sun a fate worse than appearing on "Dancing with the Stars." Check out the A-listers who are a whiter shade of pale.
Launch photos

COMMENTS

robert chowaniec

If they the price is wrong can pre set the games to win, how many games are pre set to loose? HMMMMMM
PLAYER BEWHERE
I still love the show!

solomeeeo

I would wager that bonehead is Drew. If you have seen this show since he has been host, it is AWFUL. Sure he's a nice guy. But he does not know what he is doing. He is constantly making mistakes and can't count worth a damn. Why didn't they give him some time to learn everything before they gave him this job!!

Garth

A legitimate believable story .... run only on TMZ??? I doubt it very much ....

rohrscheibcroh

im suprised mr t made a add like that . i quess e thought it would be a funny one

rohrscheibcroh

i always new new that game show was a sham people shoud ot even waste there time with it.sam s idol

robert lyons

can the person sue they should

Tom

Hey, solomeeeo.. I will take that bet. Drew is OBVIOUSLY noty the one who forgot to reset the machine. That is not a job the host of the show does. Why would you, or anyone, think they would pay him big bucks to go behing the scenes and set up games? Seriously.

Cheryl

Speed walking is better on your joints than jogging and running are....causes less, if any damage and/or wear and tear. And it definetly burns the calories!

Cheryl

As for Drew Carey....no, he's not the one responsible for resetting or setting up the games...the game crew a.k.a. stage crew is. I grew up watching the Price Is Right and was very aprehensive about Drew taking over the show and at first I wouldn't watch it, and when I first began watching it, I hated it...it was like an entirely different show. Then I gave it another try after realizing that my feelings were based on missing Bob Barker. After giving it an honest try, I noticed how sincere Drew is....he is genuinely happy for people when they win, and is genuinely disappointed when they lose. Give him a chance....he started from the bottom up in life and is one of the few in Hollywood that hasn't forgotten what that was like. Oh, and he is definetly better than Rosie O'Donelle would have been!

JUDY

BOB BARKER WILL BE VERY HARD TO REPLACE AND DREW IS NOT AND HAS NEVER BEEN MY CHOICE OF A PRICE IS RIGHT HOST--HE SEEMS TOO STRUCK ON HIMSELF AND WANTS ALL THE BODY LANUAGE WITH THE WOMEN HE CAN GET--IS NOT THE RESPECTABLE MAN AS BOB BARKER , I HAVE WATCHED THE PRICE IS RIGHT FOR YEARS AND ALWAYS LOVED THE SHOW BUT STARTING TO LOOK ELSEWHERE AS DREW IS NOT THE MAN TO DO THIS SHOW JUSTICE..THIS IS MY OPINION AND I KNOW A LOT MORE PEOPLE THAT AGREE WITH ME.. THANK YOU.

outlaw

you know its a shame. I tought that the price is right was straight up all these years.to find out its been rigged all this time realy pisses me off !!!!

POLLY

I ALWAYS LIKED THAT SHOW..........AND I NEVER THOUGHT FOR ONE MINUTE THAT IT WAS RIGGED
NOW I AM WONDERING JUST HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CHEATED OUT OF PRIZE'S.
JUST THINK THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR YEAR'S.................SHAME-SHAME

Brent

"Memba her?" Come on, TMZ, the misuse and ignorance of language is bad enough in this country without you joining in.

carla

I love the price is right. i've been watching since i can remember, i've always known that games shows are fixed. like the wheel of fortune. for years i've noticed in the bonus round they can call the same letters every time. then on certain days they call one out sequence. makes you say hmmm?

amya

Rigged is bad unless that's your name, like Diana. Betcha we don't see that game for awhile. Everybody goes crazy for that game, but its so cheesy and cheap. On each side of the $10,000. is -0-, cheap, cheap, cheap. Now don't jump on me, I know that's the way the game is played in "real" world, where it was copied from, like Coney Island. This is TV put at least $100. next to the $10,000.
I think Drew is great , he really loves the contestants and the show. Next year they need to give him a couple of games named for him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments