Christina Applegate

Fighting Breast Cancer

8/3/2008 11:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Christina ApplegateWhen it rains it pours. Earlier this year Christina Applegate's 26-year-old boyfriend was found dead -- and now the actress has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Her publicist released this statement: "Christina Applegate was diagnosed with an early form of breast cancer. Benefiting from early detection through a doctor-ordered MRI, the cancer is not life threatening. Christina is following the recommended treatment of her doctors and will have a full recovery."

lee

Christina Applegate is a wonderful woman and actress. She's long been an advocate for animals, too, who have "no voice, no choice." Christina has provided a strong voice for them. She's a kind, caring woman - with extraordinary talent. Millions love Christina Applegate - the world is a better place because of her. A speedy recovery to you, Christina!

breast cancer survivor

If they say it is not life threatening then it must be DCIS which is cancer within the ducts and usually had about a 100% cure rate. It is invasive cancer that is life threatening( when it breaks thru the ducts). I am glad they caught it before it became life threatening
She is in my thoughts

lee

I actually became aware of Christina Applegate after reading about her love for animals, and all she does for them. Because of that, I make it a point to watch anything she does and her talent never disappoints. Yes, Christina is a very, very special person. She's done more for this world than most of the "celebrities" we hear about daily. The world needs more like her!

NY Mom

I'm so sorry to hear this. Christina, if you read this, I'm hoping that you have a speedy recovery. With the sudden loss of your friend recently, and now this, I know it must seem as if the walls are closing in. Be strong. Easier said than done, I know. Surround yourself with those who love you, and draw your strength from them. Also, take some comfort in the fact that your fans are wishing you well.

michelle

we love you christina. our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Zebedee Doodah

I'm really surprised that it isn't lung cancer, as she smokes like a chimney.

orchidgirlFL

Dear Christina,

I am so sorry about your terrible news.
I guess I can say that I know how you feel. As a breast cancer survivor in remission who had been through surgery, chemotherapy , radiation and endless treatments, I wish you all the best with my whole heart.
You will be okay, sweetheart.

Tender hugs,
N. from Fort Lauderdale.

pinhead

I am sure sure will be fine, she is great! I wish she would ditch he amnesia show and star and produce a new sit com, with a threes company theme set in Malibu or LA. Jack would be played by Carrot Top and Janet by Hmm I dont know who is hot and in about thirty...add idea here______

zyski

Sorry to hear this. I loved Her in "Married With Children"I hope everything will turn out ok. She will be in my Prayers.

Glisten Garbor

Whoever said Loma Linda Medical Center, YES YES!!

Moe

#24 That was in bad taste, she has a great ass too!! Pray for dat ass!

pattie in cali

GOD BLESS YOU, we are praying for you, so sorry to hear this,

HeTouchedMyHeart

Christina has always been so supportive of her mother, Nancy Priddy who is a breast cancer survivor. I'm certain that Christina has taken all the necessary precautions to screen for early detection having watched her mother's struggles with breast cancer, and that's why she will beat this hideous disease. God Bless you Christina and my prayers are with you.

totellthetruthiseverything

Hey MoeTitties & Don't_forget_the_ass,

Can I have sloppy seconds??? I'd hit that like a jackhammer...now, during her chemo, and after when she gets her boob job !!!

Woot woot for sloppy secnonds !!!

john wayne gacy

interesting thing about " cancer ";

it's a known fact that women are emotional beings and they
harbor resentment and " hold " it within certain parts of their beings.

when a woman harbors deep rooted hatred towards their partners, ( but yet STILL
provide their partner with sex under protest ) it manifest itself within the pelvis.

in this case, whenever a woman " holds " something within the
chest region, it usually because she's pushing down something that's
" eating " at her that she just can't ( or won't ) get off her chest.

we can almost be certain she KNOWS far more about the death
and drug abuse of her lover that's she NOT coming clean with......

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments