L'Oreal/Beyonce

Whitewash

8/6/2008 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Unless she just got vitiligo -- L' Oreal has some serious splaining to do about its bleached out Beyonce ad!

0806_beyonce_side2side-1
The ad features a severely Photoshopped Beyonce -- almost unrecognizable. So the question ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

mudpie

making something out of nothing... tmz always being racist.

sistawhite

She is light, but not that light. Loreal what in the world were you thinking? The myth that white skin is the only beautiful skin is a LIE! All shades are beautiful. Hey, you black folks should be offended!

Tough times don't last, tough people do!!

When they make fat girls skinny in a pic is it a slap to fat girls? I'm curious as to why they felt the need to whiten her up? White girls gets tans to be that dark, they get lip injections to have full lips? Lets keep it real. We are what we are and if you need to change that your not comfortable with your self. Although for a multi million dollar contract they could paint me green if thats what they wanted.

elemay

It the lighting, every watch top model when the shoot the cover girl commercial, it is hella bright

CELEBS HAS NO COMMON SENSE OR DO THEY PAY IN FULL CASH

All pictures of Celebrities are PHOTOSHOP .

This article isn't no big deal . only take

10 mins or less to fix up a picture .

Jim

I don't think they didn't want her to look black. That's stupid. Plus, she's a beautiful black woman. Someone did a lousy Photoshop job; that's all. Unfortunately, they made her look much less beautiful than she really is, which should definitely be explained.

i'd be proud too

i can only pray to GOD that beyonce gets light in the winter and that she just happened to look REALLY WHITE whenever they took these pics...URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH this pisses me off

sunniski

Beyonce is black not whiteish. I am offended and I am white. She is gorgeous though.

Bemused

Still looks black to me?!

Jen

Look, I'm black, TMZ, and I really wish you would stop trying to get clicks by always playing the race card...for every race, all of the time! You make every race look bad and provoke awful race fights via the internet. I'm so glad your site is really starting to suck, to me anyway.
Beyonce is a very bright complexioned girl. Have you seen her mom? She's practically white. No this is not a stab at blacks, it really doesn't matter, there are worse things going on to stab blacks rather than a "severly photoshopped" picture of B.
She gets a super tan in the summer, and she's really light originally. Sheesh, consider growing up sometime will ya!

Dolores

dude....you can TOTALLY tell its Beyoncé besides...if this was supposed to make her look "white" she would've suit their a**** !
this really is irrelevant

JEFO

Now that we're on this subject on light facining, look at Rihanna, some music videos of her she looks almost White (Maroon 5 - Never See Your Face Again), and in others she has a nice light cocoa color tone Umbrella, Shut Up & Drive.

I'm just amazed that there's technology out there that can digitally enhance or change your skin tone and it's been done without no one pointing out until now.

rainy

They may have lightened her skin but I know they didn't lighten her hair. She tends to keep her hair light alot I noticed. Magazines have been doing this for years, making women thinner or giving them bigger breasts or changing thier skin color. If you really want a good contrast just put up a pic of one of beyonce's cd covers. I'm sure she would not be happy with them bleaching her out like that. I believe L'Oreal is also the same company that dubbed Ashwariya Rai's voice with a "white woman's voice" but then later on went back to Ashwariya's Indian accented voice. It's a white world people ! And it sucks !

Betty

That as is sad...she is beautiful as she is, so sad that the world has to white wash everything...not that being white is a problem but if your not why does the media have to make it more vanilla. idk. wrong. and wrong for her for approving it...or her people approving it. :(

roll thru to helloghetto.com to keep it real.

Anna

Neither pic is her true color. The pic on the left is too darrk. She is not that dark, but she is also not that white.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments