L'Oreal/Beyonce

Whitewash

8/6/2008 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Unless she just got vitiligo -- L' Oreal has some serious splaining to do about its bleached out Beyonce ad!

0806_beyonce_side2side-1
The ad features a severely Photoshopped Beyonce -- almost unrecognizable. So the question ...

patsy ramsey

BEYONE IS NOT BLACK, SHE HAS A BEAUTIFUL WHITE FACE THAT IS VERY TANNED

Mackenzie

Its the left photo that looks weird to me. She has always been fairly light skinned.

SuperStarSteve

She's getting PAID.

I'm sure they can make her Asian, Caucasian, or Malaysian, she doesn't care. Just make sure she gets PAID.

sic and tired

For comments 34,35 and 37

You are racist pigs. I am a black woman and I am proud of my heritage. You can't say honestly that all blacks want to be white. I guess I can say all white woman want to be black because they lie in the sun trying to get what we naturally have (beautiful brown skin) The only difference is 5 to 10 yrs later they look like prunes and we still have our beauty.
oh yeah if the sun does not work, you have spray on tans, tanning bedding. Why not just be yourself.

Kelli

She is being paid to use their product. It is hair color people, the color is suppose to change. How would this offend Black people? STUPID POST!

Echo

I agree with post 1 lol...which is what I came to comment, but it was already there. Thanks!

laff234

I hate how blacks pretend to be all proud to be an African American then wear wigs and weaves to hide their nappy heads and try to dilute their heritage to look more white what a bunch of fakes. When a blonde wig on a black girl light skinned on not like tyra and beyonce DOESN'T LOOK NATURAL. Who do these people think they are fooling we know what's really under their nappy heads. Proud to be black, YEAH RIGHT! Beyonce probably wanted to be lighted in the ad.

elizabeth

whose to say she wasn't photoshopped in the first picture. she looks bronzier than usual. but she looks beautiful in both. it's not a slap in the face to blacks. a lot of my black friends wish they were "brighter" most white people tan. is that an insult to whites? NO!!!

how dumb

Oh please... Beyonce has been trying to look white for years... the woman wears wigs to cover her afro and lightens up her skin with makeup.

If anyone should be called out here, it should be Beyonce herself. She is the one who appears ashamed to be black.

Liz

Delores dear, you have posted the same comment TWICE but yet you continue to spell "SUE" suit!!!

That would be "would have sued there asses"!!!

JAELUV23

WELL AS A MIXED BLACK WOMAN. I THINK THAT BEYONCE LOOKS SOMEONE OTHER THAN HER SELF.
BUT LETS FACE THE FACTS, WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT AND THAT'S WHAT MAKES US BEAUTIFUL. BUT I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE AND SAY THAT ITS DOES APPEAR THAT SHE DOES LOOK AWFULY BRIGHT. SHE IS A HIGH YELLOW GIRL BUT DAMN SHE LOOKS GHOSTLY THE PIC DID NOT DO ANY JUSTICE FOR THE MS. BEAUTIFUL KNOWLES. BUT I WOULD HOPE THAT SHE WOULD GIVE SOME INPUT AS TO WHY SHE DOESNT LOOK LIKE HERSELF, BUT MORE OF A REMINDER OF A WHITE WOMAN. NOT THAT I HATE WHITE PEOPLE. I LOVE ALL PEOPLE. THE ONLY PEOPLE I DONT LIKE ARE LIARS AND STUPID PEOPLE. TMZ I DONT THINK PLAYS THE RACE CARD I JUST THINK WE AS AMERICANS ALWAYS PLAY THE RACE CARD.THEY JUST DO THEIR JOB AND REPORT THE STOIRES. YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ OR RESPOND.

rowdygirl

I agree with "PLEASE". Beyone is alot lighter than she was when she first came on the scene. I noticed this a few years ago. Maybe she's the one who has the real issues..

midi

#6 is right--all celeb photos are manipulated. blemishes, weight, colour, etc are all removed to make people look as white and barbie doll as possible.

tlynn

34. Ignorance at it's best!!! Bravo!!! What's the matter, your girl leave you for an NBA player? Can you blame her considering the choice? What's the big deal? If Beyonce wants to look white, sell-out for a profit, or just be on the magazine cover for more publicity, that's her thing. If a white girl wants to tan, get her lips plumped, get fake boobs and a fake ass, so what! Who really cares? I mean clearly these women have issues being themselves, black or white, and it's more important to them what other people think or see them as. Money can buy these things, but it can't give them what they really want. If white girls want NBA players, so what, they'll have to share them with every other piece of white trash out there. Sure they will get paid, but is it worth the price or the STD? So Broeheem, "they'll take full advantage of the race issue (if it's to THEIR advantage), ISN'T THAT EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING? I'd say so. The street runs both ways Tom!

PX