Mary-Kate a Red Herring in Ledger-Gate

8/6/2008 9:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The investigation into Heath Ledger's death is officially case closed -- and no one could be happier than one Mary-Kate Olsen.

The "Full House" billionaire was expected to be a part of a D.E.A. investigation into the Joker's suspicious death earlier this year. After Ledger's masseuse found the body, she used the star's cell phone to dial MK three times before hitting up 911. But with the case officially closed, Olsen's now off the hook -- which means the Feds don't believe she had anything to do with the two painkilling drugs found in Ledger's system at the time of his death.

Now Mary-Kate can focus on getting her security deposit back from that whole kitchen disaster.

just wondering

$ talk, what else is new?

just wondering

Doctors r such abusers of their powers, they deal with the drug company salespeople on a weekly basis!!!! so gross!, really no different than booze and ciggarettes....history , just repeating itself.

Fred

I really don't think she had anything to do with his death. I just think the media loves this because it sensationalizes and sells papers.

Bell

So what did she want immunity for? Why would someone demand immunity from prosecution if they are innocent of committing any crimes? I Think Something is Seriously Up with May Kate. But I guess it all comes back to Money Talking in this country. Anyone else, and they would have been subpoenaed, no questioned asked, end of story.

ruf

He died of a drug overdose...not anorexia.

Dee Dee Dee

It's Mary-Kate, with a hyphen

nigsRstoopid

Mary Kate killed heath...with her scarcrow looks!

Raf

wow shes dumb. haha immunity?!

whatthefrig

Once again, the rich don't have to be held accountable.

Joanne

I agree with #4. I believe Mary Kate is hiding something. If she is, I hope she will "come clean." If Heath were my son, I would want to get to the bottom of this... I wonder what he thinks (Heath's father)...

BB

May he rest in peace. Let it go already. Love you TMZ!

Bell

You know, it might have been something as simple as she gave some of her own prescription Meds to Heath. And since it's a Federal crime to Transfer Prescription Drugs to anyone other than whom they were prescribed for, she may have feared getting thrown in the Pokey for it. I don't know, but that's the only thing that makes any sense as to why May Kate would demand immunity from prosecution, in exchange for talking the the Feds about Heath.

Mary Worth

Deaths of actors/actresses have hit me hard, before. None came even close to the sudden death of Heath Ledger.
I'm still dealing with the great sadness! But, am grrateful for his work, especially as Ennis Del Mar.

I wrote a poem about Heath last winter. I read later, that a man is going to compose an opera based on "Brokeback Mountain" That would be so great, as the depth of artistic drama is right there in the story.

Rest in peace, dear man! By example, you taught me to see the good in my fellow humans. I noted this wonderful trait about you; at least in your public appearances.
I try to practice it, daily.

MyThoughts

I hope now this will go away. Yes, the entire planet knows Heath Ledger is dead and he is dead because he was a drug addict. For those of you who piss and moan about how wonderful he was, just remember this, he was a selfish individual who gave no thought of his daughter or other family members and put the drugs above them. And don't give me the "its a disease" crap, either. My brother is a junkie and has ruined not only his life but those around him. How many people do you know who can honestly say, "Gee, I hate gettng stoned" but do it anyway? Bull. He is just another stat on the drug totem pole. He took a chance and lost. End of story.

jylmaree

MKO's laywer asked for immunity as they do in every high profile case. i know this because i not only read TMZ, but i read CNN and FOX news. STFU if you don't know what you are talking about. MKO didn't kill HL because you think she is ugly or dresses bad. that is a crime of fashion and not murder!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments