Club Murder: Rahman, On Roof, With Lead Pipe

8/7/2008 8:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NYPD says Syed Rahman, an employee at Spotlight Live, has confessed to killing Ingrid Rivera during Lil' Kim's birthday party.

According to police, the 24-year-old Rahman admitted to hitting Rivera on the back of the head with a lead pipe around 2:45 AM Monday morning.

Here's what cops say went down.

Police say Rivera, a huge Lil' Kim fan, paid to attend the event -- and even brought the rap diva a bouquet of flowers. According to cops, she and a friend chatted up Rahman while drinking at the bar. At one point in the evening, Rivera was kicked out of the club for accidentally walking into the men's room. At the same time, according to Rivera's friend, Rahman coaxed the friend up onto the roof by claiming Rivera was there -- that's when the friend alleges Rahman came on to her. When she blew him off, she says Rahman found Rivera outside and "told her he could get her back in."

Cops say Rahman took Rivera through the employee entrance, up to the roof in a service elevator and that's when he hit her over the head with a lead pipe inside a utility shed. She was killed instantly.

Rahman worked at the club for four years and has no criminal record.

See Also

ShirlofBuffaloNY

The other poster who mentioned these day's you don't have to have talent to be famous is right on, in my book. The black community have no idea of how to have manner's, that's first when you are raising children. These rapper's and the black man that get's besides himself, will be the first to holler that they do have manner's and then go about it in the most unorthodoxed way. Just call him stupid. It's the only word that fit's. They can't raise children if they don't know how to act themselves and it becomes this vicious circle. damn. Ok and yes I am a black women in the city of killings in Buffalo, New York, if someone feel's the need to protest.There was a time a man would fight with his fist, and the loser's get's to go home. Now day's the loser is killed by some type of weapon, only because they spoke back to someone.

ShirlofBuffaloNY

Sin D

No Way! Someone was killed that is associated with the rap scene....should this even be news anymore?

April

This is a news site people and people can write whateva they want, stop ragging on people for doing so. It is our right to speak. About this poor, poor child being killed like that, it is grusome to say the least. I hope she did not suffer. But I do hope her confessed killer suffers. sHE FOUGHT FOR HER LIFE AND LOST! Syed Rahman sounds like a terrorists name. Cant get laid so he kills a beautiful young woman like this girl!! It makes me so very angry to say the least, she was protecting her honor and virtue and for that she was murdered like this!!!It is not Little Kim's fault in any way shape or form so stop raggin on Kim! It is noone's fault except this Terroristic sounding person. We are at war with Isalm remember folks and the enemy can pop up anywhere, sounds like he prays to allah too. I can only think of her mother and her grief, this was her only child. Little Kim should take this family uinder her wing now they lost their angel. Now children of the blog, pray to whomever god you pray to that this does not happen to you! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE KIM!!!

Jennifa O Jenny

The last photo of her ever and it's a picture of her looking like a tramp. Boobs all out and pulling her dress up showing her underwear. "classy" I feel sorry for the girl and what happened to her though.

Mitalicious

I totally agree with Mandy. This story is as sad as the comments left here. This poor girl dies because some hoodrat's ego was hurt. I hope he rots in jail for the rest of his life.

Somebody , shoot it! Quick!

Seems this girl, Ingird, may have rejected Sayed too . That is not a reason for him to murder her. Was it nec. to put her out for accidently going in the men's room? No. Once she went in, I am sure she turned around ASAP! This Sayed needs lethal injection. Lil Kim , I am sure, is going to get sued by Ingrid's family. This is not Lil Kim's fault. Really. The club will be sued too by Ingrid's family. Lil Kim should sue the club in turn of Ingrid's family suing her. I wonder if this guy was an immigrint because our country just lets peopl ein too freely..no checkes..nothing.

Misspink

What is wrong with people taking our lives, First the nut on the greyhound bus with the young man and now this young lady who just wanted to have a good night in NYC. May God Bless their familes there was NO reason for them to lose theirs lives over nothing!!!!

ThoseCopsArePigs

mouse trap, you are everything that is WRONG with this society. He MURDERED the girl. I can atleast respect him for having the integrity to confess to his horrible crime. Tell that poor girl's parents he should've kept his mouth shut....idiot.

michelle

I'm sorry, but this does not reflect the ENTIRE black community, but way to be narrow-minded, and feed into the stereotypes of this country Shirlo. This is a tragic incident and I pray for that young lady's family, but I know plenty of white, asian, mexican people who have no manners, and have messed up morals. Allowing the children to have children, and then letting your children dress and act like the Paris, Nicole, Mischa, Britney's and Amy Winehouse's of our generation. It starts with the family for all ethnicities. I'm a young (23) black woman, and I grew up in the same world with a two parent house-hold (my parents are still married and I live in the suburbs, I attend one of the top high schools in Tx and Graduated from TCU) and we are middle class, but they taught me what to do and what not to do, and my brothers and sisters do the same with their children. NO one race is perfect, but to make an ignorant statement like that, shows that we still have a ways to go before people stop using horrible situations like this as a platform for inequality in our country. Pray for this family and teach your kids and family to be examples and be the best person you can be, leave the judgement for the Almighty.
It seems to me, the people with no manners come in all shades, b/c what you posted was pretty rude, and makes me realize why our world is in such turmoil.

Stuffs

Welcome to our CRAPTASTIC world today, where idiots run rampant... Its only getting worse people and the more morons that are breeding and that is going to end our world for sure, we cannot have a world full of stupid worthless fuqs and that is all i see now and hear about..... that poor girl didnt deserve that even thou she is a lil kim fan, ICK.. Ihope that bastage gets raped over and over in prison for the rest of his miserable life.

Take Heed

God Bless this young woman and her family...let this be a lesson to all women. DO NOT go ANYWHERE with ANYONE YOU DO NOT KNOW and be leary of the ones you know too. BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS! TRUST NO ONE, just like you tell your children not to talk to strangers, apply that to yourself DO NOT TALK TO MEN YOU DO NOT KNOW. You don't know what they are thinking of doing. If she had refused to go with him like her friend did, she would not have had to fight for her life. God Bless her. Let's teach our daughters against being gullable, nieve, and too friendly.

Lisa

I have to agree with Kent. I can't believe some of these comments. My GOD! some people really do need God in their lives. How can you commit such a horrible crime of taking another persons life and stay quiet about it???!!!! If you can do that you must be the devil's child for sure... You EVIL MOTHA%*^&#$
I'm just happy he admitted to the murder. He might be forgiven one day.

~Cora

Uhhmmm....who is Karen? Why can't I see her comment? Maybe I shouldn't...it sounds pretty harsh.

Water

This is very sad.Ladies please try not to have too much to drink when you are out.Don,t depend on friends to have your back when they are probably doing the same thing.There has been a couple of girls who have been murdered in New York City after drinking and being left alone by their friends.Most notorious Imette St.Guillen.Young ladies who just wanted and had the right to enjoy a night out.There are many predators looking to take advantage of you when you are at your weakest point.
Depend on yourself.
Don,t drink too much
Don,t leave your drink unguarded

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments