« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Different Spanish Team -- Same Racism

8/15/2008 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Not to be outdone by the Spanish national Olympic basketball team, the Spanish women's tennis team pulled the same offensive pose that's apparently sweeping their nation. Ay dios mio!

This racy pic was taken during preparation for their Federation Cup match against China back in April.

The photo still remains on the team's website with the attached caption: "Estamos preparados para China", which translates to, "We are prepared for China." Yeah, preparing for the backlash!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Brian D

People who get offended by this have some serious problems.

Fluffs

Monkey chants towards black players are common during Spainish scccer matches. They don't think they are racist either. Spain has huge problems, the biggest one apparently is even realising that these kind of things are racist.

Spain V England Soccer friendly. Monkey chants from the crowd everytime a black English player touches the ball:

ME

who cares! china is cheating on the gymnastic scores!!

Triple Play

#4 Me, What is an asian beat down. Are you going to Wok them. Let it go.these people are ignorant

OCD

It's time to grow up. This is an international competition. If you want to strut your stuff, do it on the competition grounds. The only thing you are showing is your asses.

Mike

To Michelle. What a typical American response: Getting offended on behalf of the world. So let me understand this Michelle, you now dislike the entire Country because of pictures taken by the Men’s basketball team and Women’s tennis team? Wow!

This is much to do about nothing. Those that are most offended by this picture are Americans. The Country that decided freedom of speech was so important that we made it the ”First” amendment to the constitution is the same Country most likely to decry foul at speech that could possibly offend somebody. What?

Had the Chinese basketball team taken a picture with their fingers holding open their eyes nobody would care! We would merely chalk it up as a mockery and retort “We’ll see! We’ll see who takes the gold”. Why? Because we are not that sensitive, or easily offended, and can roll-with-the-punches. We just think the rest of the world cannot. Why do we treat the rest of the world like they are special-needs children in need of our protection? Like we are the world’s superheroes there to defend the helpless and powerless? That no one other than Americans are capable of shaking off a mockery? From what I have read about this incident only England and the U.S. seem to be up in arms.

You wonder why the rest of world looks down upon us? It’s not because of George Bush, it’s because we look down upon the rest of the world!

Mayu

As someone who is Japanese, I am a bit offended, but seriously... they are the ones looking like racist, retarded fools, not asians. They're the ones making their team look stupid, and NO ONE, not even China, will take them seriously. So while I am offended, I really don't care because I'm not the one making an ass of myself in front of the world.

SpanishGirl

Vosotros americanos, que os creeis los reyes del mundo y no sois más que unos IGNORANTES. Después os preguntais porqué todo el mundo os ODIA.

That is NOT racism. LEARN something

me bitchin

I already dislike France for the obvious reasons, but now Spain is gettin' stupid too? What the heck?
I bet if an American team did this there would be WORLD WIDE CONDEMNATION> and yes I believe Spain would complain too. Well, at least they can't find a way to blame the US for this one, although I bet some posters will try.

Manbearpig

Bottom line... Asians look ...well.. funny... get over it..I think they are aliens...but thats just me..

Twinker

People who eat rice should be nice to each other.

J

Who the hell cares what these stupid, racist, ugly Inquisition loving bastards have to say? And to the poster who said to call them Mexicans because they seem to hate that? Friggin hilarious!! To the people saying "let it go", shutup!

me bitchin

Well said Mayu!!

GIANTS RULE

YOU SEE THIS ISNT A JOKE......IF YOU KNOW THE SPAINISH PEOPLE.....

WHEN SPAIN PLAYS ISRAEL THEY HAVE BANNER THAT SAY "OPEN THE OVEN"

WHEN SPAIN PLAYS ENGLAND - EVERYTIME A BLACK PLAYER TOUCHES THE BALL THEY START A MONKEY CHANT.....

THATS NOT A JOKE....THATS RACISM AND IGNORANCE.....THATS WHAT THE COUNTRY OF SPAIN ARE MADE OF RACIST IDIOTS.....SO I HOPE THE ENTIRE COUNTRY DIES A MISERABLE DEATH

Mrs. Harvey Levin

Ahh... Make fun of the Chinese all you want Spain, but I bet they are laughing as they kick your a$$es all over the place!