Bucky Covington is Huge ... Somewhere

8/26/2008 2:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bucky Covington's fan base is so big, an Illinois festival is moving mountains to accommodate him.

Ok, so we're talking about the Grundy County Corn Festival, and it's a move from downtown to where the old high school was. But the Fest's entertainment director tells us they had to petition the town council to use the new space. They haven't gotten a yea or nay.

If they get the nix, the 5,000 Buckymaniacs they're expecting will have to squeeze into a space for only 2,000, and you know how people get when they can't get their Bucky.

We're told B's the biggest artist the Corn Festival's ever seen. Filling the rest of the bill -- Slippery When Wet (Jovi cover band) and ... dueling pianos.

LA CABBALLOTA IVY QEEN

Bucky Covington WHO THE FU*K IS THIS ?????
I WORK AT THIS WAX PLACE, MAN HE NEEDS HIS EYEBROWS DONE BIG TIME !
WHAT A BUNCH OF YOKOLS

Beverly C.

I dont understand all the mean-soirited comments or why there are vicious lies about Bucky from some. I love his voice and our radio station him for an acoustical set---no other guitars so phooey on those that says he cannot play. Maybe he does fake it on one or two songs because of whatever but he does play when needed. I love all three of his single releases and I will get his album once I can find it in the stores.

Baseball Junkie

He wasn't my favorite performer that season on AI but I did like him (except for his cover of "Fat Bottomed Girls"). He didn't have the best voice but he was okay. If he's playing small venues and has his loyal coterie of fans what business is that of anyone else's? It's true that most country performers play to small but very faithful fans. So do folk musicians but those of us who love them will follow thwm as long as they want to perform.

Go Sox

MG

The season when Bucky was on American Idol I was channel surfing and I stopped on A I when Bucky was singing.....I got my checkbook out and started writing out the check to the Special Olympics when I realized I was watching A I .... this loser SUCKS!! I thought it was funny when Simon told him " I couldnt understand a single word you just sang"....

I heard that Bucky's next single is called " Baby I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK".....Had to throw a sheep reference in their somewhere....hahaha

Bobby Joe

Bucky Covington has a loyal following of fans who appreciate his talent. I count myself amongst those people. I have seen him live on several occasions and the audience always gets his very best regardless if there are 500 or 5,000 there. I find it refreshing that he plays these kinds of venues where he has a chance to interact with the audience.

Everybody has a right to their own opinion and if you don't like his kind of music that is your prerogative, but to echo a previous comment if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Robin

I can't believe how mean people are, Die hard Bucky fan here!!! He is a really good singer and performer.

A devoted Bucky Fan

I'm with you #35! If they only knew him, like we do, they wouldn't say all those horrible things!! He is one of the kindest people I know!! He always takes time with his fans, and treats you as an equal, gives everyone a hug and even lets you have the picture with him made any way you like! I know, I've seen him 11 times now, and he's never let me down!! He always puts on an awesome show, and leaves you screaming for more! And uh.....yes.... he is GORGEOUS as well and has an identical twin brother who is very popular with the fans too!! If you don't believe me just check out his website, buckycovington.com He would appreciate the hit!!!!

CJ

hey, Corn Fest is still a blast for us 20 something olds that can enjoy a beer, so thanks for spreading the word TMZ

A Buckaneer

I have seen three of Bucky's shows and he puts on an excellent show. He moves around the stage alot and does some exciting dance moves. He really entertains his audience. I have met him twice and he is the most friendly artist I have ever met. His smile can melt your heart! He is a sweetie! And he is much better looking in person!

To #26

I'm not a country music fan but the likes of Bucky Covington, Kellie Pickler and especially Carrie Underwood are turning me into one. I play all three on my iPod and really enjoy their music. Bucky isn't the best vocalist out there but he's got an engaging personality and an interesting voice that I enjoy listening to.

H.G

I saw Bucky last October at The Foothills Fall Festival in Maryville, TN. This is a major-league festival in the Southeast. Bucky's set was very very well received and I can tell you that he was indeed playing his very sweet-looking blue Fender. He put on a very energetic, entertaining show. His band was great too, which impressed me. From checking out his official website, www.buckycovington.com, I see he's got a loaded tour schedule, so I guess he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Covington Girls

I seen Bucky Covington in concert many many times. He is a great guy with alots of great talent. He is very loyal to his fans. I know this for a fact ! Because my daughter has been to every meet and greets at every show we have been too. He knows her by name and talks to her , even makes it a point to wave or tease her. He also had her up on stage with him several times . She has sung with him . The whole band is Great and very loyal to their fans. I do support Bucky Covington and his Band!! They are the GREATEST!!! His shows are fun and very energetic, you will have a great time!! Give him a try, you will also love him !! I have traveled all around the midwest this summer to watch his shows, and each and everyone of them are just better then the last one he had. He is a True STAR!!! JKl

noplclkhmlbg

Love Bucky...have from the start!! He's not an imposter, he's not full of himself, he's not a nasty "I'm better than you" hollywood type. What you see is what you get. Just a good-hearted country boy who's proud of where he comes from and excited about the opportunity he has been given. He's REAL!!

Jb

BUCKY COVINGTON DOES PLAY HIS GUITAR, HE IS A VERY NICE PERSON AND HE IS NOT A THIEF. ALOT OF US ENJOY HIS SINGING & FOR THOSE OF U WHO DO NOT (SO WHAT!)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3