The Ultimate Mayer Hoax?

8/27/2008 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maybe Jen Aniston and John Mayer are pulling the ultimate prank.

Sure John blabbed all about his breakup with Jen to our cameras, but what if it was all a clever ruse.

How else do you explain the ring Jen was sporting last night at Madeo?

eloc

Looks like a regular ring - not an engagement ring.

Karen

She Is wearing the ring on her left hand. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I really doubt it, she probably just bought it herself considering John's reputation. She wasn't even wearing her wedding bad at the end when she and Brad were married though.

SNOWBABY

My grandmother is 94 and her hands are no where near as wrinkled as Anistons. How gross.

Lucy

Karen

15. I'm guessing she bought it for herself and deliberately wore it on that finger to cause drama!!

Who knows she seems to love to be the center of attention, that's probably what she did!

Elvis

It's just a ring.

Curly

Sometimes with weight gain or loss (even due to excessive heat or cold) rings don't fit the finger you normally wear them on...so, it may just be a ring she likes and wanted to wear and that's the finger it worked on that particular day. I am not engaged and sometimes wear a ring on that finger...it may not be the conspiracy theory you guys are making it out to be.

Ri

she looks pretty! specially her eyes!

Karen

Where's John? Somebody ask him!!! He'll deny it!

OJ

she's got MAN HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
geeeeeeeeez check out the claws on the cougar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stephanie

THERE IS NOOOO WAY HE WOULD MARRY HER SHE IS SOOOOO GD ANNOYING I DONT C HOW NEONE COULD STAND HER.........YUUUUUCK!

aloha

I will love them both forever if this were true. If they did this to the media they're the smartest celebrities ever.

chincho

She must have like 2000 of them???

Reine

I like Anniston & those who don't like her, always says she can't hold a man without them really knowing if she breaks the relationship or the guy. Anyway, who cares? She's single & she can do whatever she pleases. She is certainly smart enough not to rush into a marriage just because she wants a baby.

Essenmir

If you were John Mayer would YOU want those hands touching you?

/ can't say I blame him