Van Halen to McCain: No You Can't

8/29/2008 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John McCain used a Van Halen song during his big speech earlier today and the band wants to make one thing clear -- they're not running with McCain.

Van Halen management tells us the band had no idea McCain was planning on using "Right Now" during his big entrance in Ohio telling us, "Permission was not sought or granted nor would it have been given."

For the record, Dubya used the same song during a bunch of his campaign speeches back in 2004, but sources close to the band tell us, "They're not political, they're just rock and roll."

Independent for Barack

Republicans can go to hell!! The white race will be the minority in the next 20 years. Look at the statistics!

koots_bc

doesn't anyone in his inner circle know that you need permission to use copyrighted songs? Come on they don't know that but they want to run the USA, give me a break.

lunetteslady

One hell of a great choice ! Man, I am stoked- Nobama probably just crapped his pants ! 3:15 said it all: All around woman, just like the American women live everyday of our lives, doing it all & WELL !
Hillary who? This gal has all those children (to a man she loves!) & decided to have that last baby in April even when she knew it had Down's ? Wow. What a woman. I am proud to be a Republican.Truly.

Triple Play

Van halen get over yourself. you should be thrilled that anypne still remembers your music. Free advertising for an over the hill band

val

"Running With the Devil" would have made the perfect song for his speech! Ha, Ha ,HA!!!!!!!

Steve D

The mamby-pamby celebrities really need to get a life. I don't give a royal rats asp who the hell they support. Van Halen are as old as John McCain. They should be happy he is even providing them free publicity.

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

What is all this CHANGE the DONKEYS are talking about ? CHANGE OF LIFE ?

I love my USA the way it is with all the problems , which we always work to improve , but sadly , 'THE POOR WILL ALWAYS BE WITH US " , and we need to help them , (me)

I HAVE A DREAM TOO , AND THIS AIN'T IT PEOPLE !!!!

If we need CHANGE then WHY DOES MOST of the WORLD risk their lives to GET HERE ? ANSWER ME THAT !!! IF I WAS IN CHARGE no one would go to bed hungry or cold.

SO far i simply detest the Democrats and the way they try to minipulate people's emotions like it is some TENT MEETING from the 1950's . I'm HEALED !!!!!!!!

Mayu

thank GOD Van Halen said no.

I CAN'T FREAKIN STAND THEM!

Especially that song. SO cliche and over used

petrocko

Hey Eddie and Alex, after all the money I spent on your last tour, go to hell! and get over it.
Done buying your stuff in any way shape or form. Your shorts are too tight!

See, I was able to afford to spend money on you because of Bush's tax cuts which McCain and Palin support. So, stick it too while you are at it.

don't sue me, please.

goldeyloks1

I have to say, He secured my vote today. I am NOT a republican, but he did something that Obama was too chicken s*** to do....and thats give the job to a woman. Way to go McCain.

Liv

Van Halen get over yourself! My vote is for McCain!!!!!

Karen

Who gives a rat's ass about Van Halen and their song? There are thousands of great songs the GOP can pick...and number 15...you are a moron.

crys

I'd tap that azz...I'm not talking about that chick or Van Halen. Ooo...McCain...I'd so hit that. Break me off a piece of dat fogey.

KENNY KLINE

That is not VH song it is Sammys!!!

keemcha

how do you set ths up w/o out to approve every time>?