McCain Swings at Barack Over Lindsay

9/17/2008 2:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John McCainJohn McCain has weighed in over Barack Obama's reported slap in the face to Lindsay Lohan. The Chicago Sun-Times quotes an unnamed high-level Barack source who says they rejected Lohan's offer to host an event because she "is not exactly the kind of high-profile star who would be a positive for us."

Tucker Bounds, a spokesman for the McCain campaign tells TMZ, "So let me get this straight -- they turned away Lindsay Lohan, but Barack Obama has friends like unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers and convicted felon Tony Rezko? Maybe LiLo is just too upstanding for Barack Obama."

UPDATE: Tommy Vietor, Obama's spokesperson, just told TMZ, "Glad to see they're focused on the important issues over in McCain HQ."

Water

What do you expect she stop doing coke .He need a friend to do so lines with.

Obama is a master at throwing people under the bus.
He is so self serving that I am sure when push come to shove he will shove his own kids to get what he wants.

rd

Glad to see they're focused on the important issues over in McCain HQ....Agreed

Wow

Please tell me McCain's spokesperson didn't actually say "LiLo"! That's embarrassing...

Cheese925

Hahahahaaaa!! Obama should fundraise for the Government? Nice suggestion Shelley!

Atlanta

McCain keeps his dirty lobbiest Munger by his side. Maybe Cindy should start talking about the prescription medication she stole from a charity and her subsequent rehab trip. Ideal American hero...I think not. He has made a mess out of Arizona and now he wants to do it globally.

Oh Canada

Focus on the issues McCain. You Repubs really have time to comment on idle gossip when AIG, Lehman, Merrill are going down the toilet?

By the way tell us why people are still being gouged at the gas pump if OIL is now $100 a barrell as oppose to the $130 it was back in May,

It's a sad state of affairs if Americans would willing vote for an old man you has had his share of health problems in recent years and a somewhat attractive almost trailer trash from Alsaka.....than elect a Black man president.

I wonder if you would all have been this excited about McCain if he has perhaps chosen Condelezza Rice. Let's not throw the lack of experience in the mix, we all know that's a crock.
The Obama/Biden ticket complement each other in experience, service to the community, foreign affairs,...etc
The McCain/Palin ticket is a punchline....at least it is here in Canada.

justsaying

What the heck is McCain's Problem? This is a white man running for president against a black man. This country belongs to white people. There is no way white people aren't going to put him in the white house, no matter what is at stake. White people would rather see this country go complete comminist than have a black person as president. If I were McCain I wouldn't be wasting my time running from state to state, telling lie after lie in those commercial ads. I'd just sit back at home in arizona and wait until November 4. Why this man isn't 40 points ahead of a black man is the only surprising thing here.

Cheese925

And McCain would tell a lie and when those lies are exposed he'll still repeat t them to get what he wants.

oh brother

I bet had Obama accepted Lindey's offer then Mccain's "goons" would have ripped Obama a new @ s s h o l e.
It's a loose loose situation.

Mccain you s u c k old lady t i t t i e s

Lucy

seriously, McCain needs some real ammunition!! oh wait, he doesn't even know how to use a computer...duh!

mikey

Mccain want to talk about dirty friends? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!His campaign is run by lobbyists,who does he think he is fooling?Also isn't it funny that limbaugh(the racist pill popper) and all the other hard core conservative wing nuts found out mccain was the nominee,they said they would never vote for mccain,he's not "conservative enough.But now here they are acting like he's the greatest person ever,can we say HYPOCRITES!!!

tlynn

McCain has thrown his own VP candidate under the bus, so what difference does it make? The man is senile, a liar, and is so focused on smearing Obama, he might as well throw himself in front of the bus!!!! Just sayin.

elle

Obama is a pretentious snob who does nothing but speak thru a teleprompter. If he is so right for us why does he not want to engage in open dialog. And by the way it was a spokesperson, not McCain as quoted.

Tracy

LOSE/LOSE situation. I don't know why that irritates me when people put that extra "o" in there, but it does. I live in Massachusetts so my vote won't count but I will be out there voting so that I have the right to complain when my canidate is not chosen!

diane

Oh please McCain. Let's talk about some real issues instead of a drug-addicted Hollywood personality.

I wouldn't want her campaigning for me either. She's not exactly a role model for ANYONE.

Give me a break.

Just goes to show how stupid this entire campaign is if that's the best your camp can come up with. Ridiculous.