Condition Update -- Barker and DJ AM

9/20/2008 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Travis Barker has been burned from the waist down, but he is expected to survive the plane crash. DJ AM's face was severely burned and is being tended to right now.

We're also told the tragedy is all the worse because one of the passengers who died, Chris Baker, Travis' assistant on "Meet the Barkers," was married recently and has a new baby.

Duh

Your a complete moron #4-to make up lies about such a serious situation.

Kim Rocks

8. mike watch what u say because karma will come back to you... moron

TMZ YOU SHOULD MONITOR YOUR THESE COMMENTS, THIS GUY IS DISRESPECTFUL.. THIS IS A SAD STORY THIS ISN'T FUNNY..

SD

thoughts and prayers with them. and mike- no one believes you STFU

Wow

AP 's website makes no mention of Barker's death. Mike's post is likely/hopefully a hoax. Go do something productive, Mike.

ellehcimmichelle

My prayers go out to all of the families affected by this tragedy.

steph

this is the statement from the associated press at 11:47, you moron

4 killed in SC plane crash; drummer, DJ injured

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) -- South Carolina officials say four California residents died in the fiery Learjet crash that also critically injured former Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker and celebrity DJ AM.

The Lexington County coroner said Saturday that pilot Sarah Lemmon of Anaheim Hills and co-pilot James Bland of Carlsbad died. Also killed were passengers Chris Baker, 29, of Studio City, and Charles Still, 25, of Los Angeles.

Authorities say the plane carrying six people was departing shortly before midnight Friday when air traffic controllers reporting seeing sparks. The plane headed for Van Nuys, Calif., went off a runway, through a fence and crashed on a nearby road.

Barker and DJ AM, whose real name is Adam Goldstein, were in critical condition at a burn center in Augusta, Ga

Erin

I worked on "Meet the Barkers" so knew Little Chris very well. My heart is breaking. Yes, they were pains in my ass but Travis is an incredibly loving father and Little Chris was beside himself at the thought of becoming a father. My thought and prayers are with their families, especially their very young children.

commykilla

wahh

Alison

Travis has not been pronounced dead! This isn't a time to joke around!

commykilla

tmz learn how to spell

Tragedy?

why is this a tragedy? way more than 4 people died over the course of lsat night, and im sure they won't losers like thse guys either.

Elvis

I am so shock i can't believe this happen. It's amazing how the two celebrities survived, my heart and prayers to them and the family's of the deceased.
please take care of them God.
R.I.P
to the 4 who died.

KNOWITALL

COMMENT #4 IS FALSE.
NOT TRUE.

STOP SPREADING LIES HERE ARSEWIPE

Steph

I can't BELIEVE the amount of disrespectful crap being spewed by some of you people. Grow the hell up.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of the victims and their families, as well as a quick recovery to Travis and Adam.

Toune

Very tragic news and I can NOT believe some people on this site....joking and poking fun at something so serious...there is a time and place and this is not that time or place you incensitive MORONS.

I TRULY Hope they recover fully and that the children of Travis will be able to have a father for a long while....