Mayer Concert - As Serious as a Heart Attack

9/20/2008 2:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Mayer almost broke someone's heart last night, and no it wasn't her.

Mayer and Chris Botti were doing a concert at the Boston Symphony Hall when the two performed the song "Glad to be Unhappy" by Frank Sinatra. A prescient Botti noted it's a song that truly breaks your heart.

Suddenly an elderly gentlemen in the front row dropped to the floor and appeared to be having a heart attack.

Now we're told the older dude had a cardiac disorder and fainted, but it wasn't a heart attack. He was taken to the hospital.

BTW, the concert continued, Mayer and Botti did the same song later in the night without incident!

aloha

LMAO

So Jen's heart is safe.

arte help

You have Travis and DJ AM severly injured in a plane crash, and you talk about these losers. F*ck 'em.......

aloha

Mayer sang "Glad to be unhappy"?. Ahhhhhhh, he misses Jennifer so much. Call him woman and get back together!

the loser

OMG... hope he is ok

Jack Butters

The old guy probably heard about the story that Perez Hilton told on Howard Stern last Monday about how he was making
out with John on New Years and Jessica Simpson was giving John a hand job while John and Perez made out.. 100% true
and now other people have come forward and confirmed it is 100% true and that John swings both ways.

You can listen to it here, starts at 2:40 minutes in

Monica

This wasn't a John Mayer concert! He was there to perform one song and seemed genuinely concerned for the man having cardiac troubles. How does TMZ find out about this stuff?

aloha

I hope that old man is okey.

"Glad to be unhappy"

When it's someone you adore
It's a pleasure to be sad

Jen, take note of how much this man loves you. Give yourselves a second chance.

Sadieface

Total fan of Chris Botti
What is he doing with that A hole mayer?

Twinker

Have you ever noticed very few people have heart attacks when they are driving?

natasha

both are anoying. especially Mayer - if I ever see that guy..I'll kick him in the balls. What a weirdo.
A girl I know from Canada dated him for several months a few years ago...she said he was a sex addict, would send her video cameras in the mail to shoot herself naked...and a bunch of other vulgar stuff. WEIRDO! Can't believe Jennifer Aniston even went on a date with that looser. Yeh, he sings well but, he's a media whore and vulgar guy.

blackandwhitegirl

That's sad. I hope that the old man will be okay.
"Glad to Be Unhappy" sounds like a fun song and I'm sure that John sung it well.
And no jen should not get back with john. john is too good for jen.

Onegoal

I'm shocked it didn't happen while the hot Katharine Mcphee sang. I met katharine at six flags last year, and she knows about me. She's so much hotter in person. I didn't have a heart attack when I met Kat, but I sure got a boner that entire night at the kat concert LOL..

aloha

I listened to him singing 'Glad to be unhappy" and impressed me to tears. That song is so sad. If I were Ms. Aniston I would run to him fast.

aloha

all the best wishes to the old dude.
john mayer and sinatra's song it's a nice combo. but "glad to be unhappy" is such a sad song: loving someone so much that you're happy to be hurting. wonder if it's a hidden message from john.

zagge

John, you love jen still, why cant you give her a call.talk to her

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments