Coolest Hand Dies

9/27/2008 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paul Newman 1925 -2008.
Paul Newman
He was awesome.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

Debbi

May God rest your beautiful soul ~Sir Paul Newman. What a role model and inspiration to us all, you gave back more than you took. God bless Joanne Woodward and all their family.

karen

well TMZ.... your three words say it all "he was awesome" and he truely was R.I .P

tnt

Such a loss. Every girl's first crush. At 46 years old I've seen most if not every film the great Paul Newman made What I loved most about him wasn't his gorgeous blue eyes or his stong sleek physique. It was his integrity and the class he exuded in every role, every photograph... they just don't make 'em like that anymore. His death marks the end of era.

DWT

"You can't be as old as I am without waking up with a surprised look
on your face every morning: 'Holy Christ, whaddya know - I'm still
around!' It's absolutely amazing that I survived all the booze and
smoking and the cars and the career."
Paul Newman

RIP Paul, you had a great run.

Beverley

Ever since seeing him in "The Hustler" when I was 15...I've been in love with him. I still remember the theatre and who I was with at that movie. He is the ultimate actor and sex appeal oozed from every pore. His chiselled face was Godlike. His accomplishments in later life just enhanced my opinion of him. The world is a lesser place now. I shall miss him in my life.

lucille kelsey

What a great human being, someone that is an example for all of us to follow. Pay it forward- ALWAYS. Rest in peace and Thank you for helping so many.

sudoku11

Hell of an actor; and by all accounts, a hell of a man. We'll miss you, Paul......

nitameyer

Paul Newman a man I always had a crush on. He had the most beautiful eyes. God Bless his wife and his family. He will be greatly missed.

Karen MJ Golden Sage

Paul gave us excitement, drama and lots of adventure! Many of us lived our lives thru Paul and the movies he played in,. Paul leaves a legacy to be enjoyed over and over.. by our future descendants We will sorely miss Paul and those beautiful blue eyes., God, give comfort to Joanne in her time of grief. RIP Paul... we will see ya later... ;) May the Angels adore you as much as we did, and keep you close to HIM.

janie

these "SO CALLED STARS " of today should take life lessons from this man 's life along with his wonderful wife & family. my heart goes out to his wife since she took it to heart that when you marry "you become ONE". GOD bless you joanne woodward

Kristen

One of the best looking men to have ever lived. RIP

Carol

The world has lost a wonderful human being who has given so much to so many. May he rest in peace with God

FlowersForSure

Newman was the epitome of class. A very handsome, talented, intelligent and GENEROUS man. I loved him as "Butch!" And in "Pocket Money."

SAD

"ABSENT FROM THE BODY PRESENT WITH THE LORD". 2CORINTHIANS 5:8
REST IN PEACE MR. NEWMAN. IT WAS PLEASURE TO HAVE YOU ON THIS
PLANET. THANK YOU FOR YOUR FILMS, BUT MOST OF ALL THANK YOU FOR DOING
WHAT WE ARE PUT ON THIS EARTH TO DO- USE OUR GIFTS TO HELP THOSE LESS
FORTUNATE. GOD BLESS YOU AND JOANNE AND YOUR BLESSED FAMILY.

Silver Tapper

PAUL NEWMAN WAS A GENTLEMAN FROM THE START. HE WAS INDEED, "COOL."

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12